• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

NEW STUFFER

SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokin pop-pop

Meat Mopper
Dec 30, 2014
Evening all,
so I don't know if anyone has seen my RANT today but I was stuffing 25lbs. of sticks and my Cabelas 11lb stuffer was giving me a hell of a time so I'm looking for a new one. I would like it to be able to stuff 17mm casings and be motorized as I most often have to work alone. Everyone I talked to says the LEM 5lb'r is a best bet but does not come motorized. So how do you guys manage stuffing solo. TIA

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
also, narrow and tall stuffer hoppers are better for small diameter casings becasue the pressure is lower on the plunger.

olaf

Smoking Fanatic
Sep 4, 2017
I have no problem stuffing myself. Not sure where you can find this stuffer its powered by water from your faucet which pushes a piston down the tube. This cost me about 80 dollars 25 years ago. The stuffer tube is 13.34 mm outside diameter 9.75 mm inside diameter and will hold 7 lbs.
20210314_224241.jpg

pineywoods

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Mar 22, 2008
Check this out comes with jerky nozzle and snack stick nozzle. I don't even use casings with this thing it works great. Yes it's kind of a pain to load but that's a small price to pay for the job it does. Working alone with it is no problem at all

Cabela's Electric Jerky Blaster | Bass Pro Shops

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
The Lem jerky canon works well for sticks. But I wouldn't want to do 25 pounds with it. My 7 pound upright does ok with them. I just make the sticks a bit moister so they stuff easier.

pineywoods

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Mar 22, 2008
I've never seen those before. Kind of neat.

Works great you can stuff into casings with it but we actually find no reason to. I've probably done 75-100 lbs of jerky and snack sticks with it and not had a problem

pumpkinseed

Fire Starter
Feb 2, 2017
I have a vertical crank stuffer, works well, doing it by myself is ok. But my shoulders are still in good shape.

When you're stuffing sticks do you have a problem with meat oozing past the plunger? For a full tube of meat stuffing into a snack stick I'll get more than half a pound. Replaced the gasket a few months ago so it is as good as I think it can be. It is the only stuffer I've had so I don't know how it compares to other ones.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Top Bottom
Clicky