New Smoker - Ready to Get Started!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jayce75

Original poster
Oct 31, 2017
Atlanta, Ga
My wife bought me the Smoke Hollow 26142E 26-inch Electric Smoker as a gift and I just got it put together last night. I found this forum looking for tips on how to get started with it so that hopefully I can make some decent meats with it out of the gate.

I'm all about making my cooking easier and ran across posts about AMNS/AMNPS and was wondering which one I should get and which one would fit my smoker? It looks like I can get these locally which I'm planning to do to give this baby it's first trial run this weekend.

Welcome to the clan Jayce! I am just north of you in Cumming/Johns Creek area. I would recommend the tube if you are low on room, but if you can fit it the maze is best IMO. If you are remotely close to the Alpharetta/Roswell area, I highly recommend you check out The Atlanta Grill Company - http://atlanta-grill-company.business.site/

It used to be called Roswell Hardware but now they only deal with grills, coolers, yetis, spices, rubs and any and everything outdoor cooking related. AWESOME STORE. Happy to help you get started, just holler if you need anything!

-Bennett

My wife bought me the Smoke Hollow 26142E 26-inch Electric Smoker as a gift and I just got it put together last night. I found this forum looking for tips on how to get started with it so that hopefully I can make some decent meats with it out of the gate.

I'm all about making my cooking easier and ran across posts about AMNS/AMNPS and was wondering which one I should get and which one would fit my smoker? It looks like I can get these locally which I'm planning to do to give this baby it's first trial run this weekend.

Not sure which one, I am not familiar with your smoker. But the AMNS is for sawdust, it is not for pellets. and it is rated for max 180 degrees. The AMNPS will burn both dust and pellets and is rated for 275 degrees. And there is also the tube that the other person mentioned.

Welcome sir
giphy (2).gif

Sounds like a plan.. Run extra smoke and be able to cold smoke with dust or pellets.
Just have to cross your fingers and hope those burn ok in your smoker. Sometimes not enough air and people can't keep the lit always..
Should be ok .. Did you plan on or get a dual digital probe thermometer yet?

Well good luck and read up on that stuff..
Have fun
Johnny B

Thanks for the great info!!! Does anyone have a link to the tube that I’d need - just to make sure I get the right one?

Also I want to get this prepped maybe tomorrow. The before first use says to coat the interior of the unit with oil and let it run for a couple of hours. I’m assuming that I’m running all of the surfaces with oil except for the heating element (??). Would I put water in the water tray and some pellets in the wood chip tray while doing that as well or are those only used during actual cooking?

Sorry got all of the questions - the manual isn’t super clear and I don’t want to mess anything up

Welcome sir
View attachment 342785
Sounds like a plan.. Run extra smoke and be able to cold smoke with dust or pellets.
Just have to cross your fingers and hope those burn ok in your smoker. Sometimes not enough air and people can't keep the lit always..
Should be ok .. Did you plan on or get a dual digital probe thermometer yet?

Well good luck and read up on that stuff..
Have fun
Johnny B

I don’t have a digital probe thermometer yet - which do you recommend?

Thanks for the great info!!! Does anyone have a link to the tube that I’d need - just to make sure I get the right one?

Also I want to get this prepped maybe tomorrow. The before first use says to coat the interior of the unit with oil and let it run for a couple of hours. I’m assuming that I’m running all of the surfaces with oil except for the heating element (??). Would I put water in the water tray and some pellets in the wood chip tray while doing that as well or are those only used during actual cooking?

Sorry got all of the questions - the manual isn’t super clear and I don’t want to mess anything up

Found some info from a manual on Home Depot site. It says to remove the water pan and coat interior of smoker with oil, but not the electric element or controller.
Use your favorite wood and burn the smoker at 300 degrees for 45-60 minutes.

Here is the manual I found. Hope it attaches correctly

Attachments

• b634f9c1-dc30-4de8-9913-fca4e4af848c.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 20

Hey Jayce! How you liking your new smoker?
Cook some good stuff up?
I have a question for you/favor to ask:
Could you please take a measurement on the smoker body (overall height of body and drip pan minus legs) from the very top of your smoker to the very bottom of the drip tray?
I ask for this because I'm thinking it might fit in my fireplace without the legs and allow me to smoke when it's cold as hell outside.

Thanks,Bill

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky