My latest smoker build

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lathrop

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 12, 2011
Port Townsend, Washington
I recently found an old dead fridge that had a steel exterior shell and an aluminum interior shell. It was in bad shape as it had no top. Must have been an under counter built in. I disassembled it cleaned and painted an tossed the old insulation in the garbage. Then cut holes for the drafts. Bridged the area between the shells and reinsulated with FG insulation. Installed an electric burner and built a new external smoke generator. I have an AMPS on order. The new smoke generator is a tiny weber style pot with 1" pipe fittings plumbed to my new smoker. My old smoke generator was a converted tiny charcoal or wood stove about the size of a round 1 gal can. previous ones actually were 1 gal cans. I pump the smoke into the smoker using an aquarium air pump thru a venturi. Works well.

I have not yet figured out how to download pics from my phone. to this web site. of course I haven't tried. for several years. Back then it was a PITA. I don't for instance watch Utube vids. I can never understand the audio. Just a problem with my hearing. I have state of the art aids.

I have not yet figured out how to download pics from my phone. to this web site. of course I haven't tried. for several years. Back then it was a PITA. I don't for instance watch Utube vids. I can never understand the audio. Just a problem with my hearing. I have state of the art aids.
No worries. Sometimes what I do is just email whatever picture to myself from the phone. If you're in your phone gallery looking at your pics, there should be a "share" option. For a Samsung phone, these instructions work - https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-97793/

IMG_0285.JPG

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky