Mission BBQ

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pigbark

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Sep 25, 2013
Southern I ndiana
A BBQ franchise out of Maryland.. we ate here tonight, a portion of their profits go towards helping Vets civil servants.. food was ok, had better, had worse.. Fast food style, order at the counter and wait until its brought up..
69678745_2699122500106491_5764171540904017920_n.jpg

their running a couple Old Hickory commercial units..
69509318_2699122606773147_4787324037367857152_n.jpg

Catering Stick Burner.. they said hell with a trailer LOL..

Reactions: SmokinAl
Neat looking truck. It would be interesting to see the other side of it, especially while it was in use.
It seems to me that the better your homemade barbeque gets, the less impressed you become with restaurant variety food. =)

Reactions: JC in GB
I like it for a quick stop no real long wait.

We had a young fireman die last year 32 years old. If you know anything about a fireman pasting all the VFD miles around turn out for the funeral . The local VFD call Mission BBQ Dover De and asked how much to cater. they said how many people and were told maybe 1500. They asked what it was for and they said no charge.

So you bet I stop there.

Warren

I like it for a quick stop no real long wait.

We had a young fireman die last year 32 years old. If you know anything about a fireman pasting all the VFD miles around turn out for the funeral . The local VFD call Mission BBQ Dover De and asked how much to cater. they said how many people and were told maybe 1500. They asked what it was for and they said no charge.

So you bet I stop there.

Warren
Damn rite Brother, thats not the first story like that i have heard.. wont be the last.. thats why we eat there..

Reactions: siege
After hearing Warren's story, I'll go to Mission BBQ if I ever get close enough.
Got to support the BBQ culture.

Neat looking truck. It would be interesting to see the other side of it, especially while it was in use.
It seems to me that the better your homemade barbeque gets, the less impressed you become with restaurant variety food. =)

This so true mine I feel is better than most BBQ joints but they are cooking for John Q public and have to control their spices and smoke to suit John Q. They are not as selective with their cuts of meat either. Just my $.02

Warren

I believe they’re building one in my neck of the woods, I’ll definitely check it out...they sound like a good company.

Great information. Thanks for sharing.

This is an old thread, but since then I went to the one that opened near me. Went there for the first time a few weeks ago.

Food was good, brisket was a tad dry so I got to sample all their sauces. Probably my fault since they asked “lean or moist.” I chose lean.

The manager came by to see how we were doing. I didn’t complain about anything (not a complainer at a restaurant) but I just chatted her up that I really liked the place and what they stand for. She gave us coupons for 2 free sandwiches. I was thrilled.

I’ll be going back even after I use the coupons. Sometimes the mood for bbq hits and you want it but don’t feel like cooking.

Reactions: negolien
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky