Minion Madness

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

motocrash

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 25, 2017
Winchester,Va
Gonna try this tomorrow on a butt.80 pieces of Ridge neatly stacked with a hole in the middle. I will add about 20 to fire it up.
KIMG0162.jpg

Just rubbed the butt with mustard then Chef JJ's Cajun Rib Tickler Rub sans the celery seed and flake.Haven't decided if i'm gonna start it tonight - nope,just checked - freezing tonight...

Last edited:
Uh oh,the pressure is mounting.Hopefully this works worth a crap.Patience on letting it burn in and settle temp wise is supposed to be key.I better get to the store before they close tonight and buy a fresh jar of patience so I have it on hand tomorrow.Success or failure I'm posting...

Reactions: yankee2bbq
What kind of outside temp do you have today, cause that's a pretty hot fire to start with.
But then I'm in Florida & it's going to be in the high 70's today.
Anyhow good luck!
Al

What kind of outside temp do you have today, cause that's a pretty hot fire to start with.
But then I'm in Florida & it's going to be in the high 70's today.
Anyhow good luck!
Al[/QUOTE
Ambient is 36 right now.Supposed to get to 55 today with ~ 5-8 mph wind.Perfect.The smoker was put together at 8:15 EST and CC temp now at 8:53 is 197*.Climbing very slowly slowly.Plan on making any adjustments at 9:15 - one hour in.
Oh,It's my 14 WSM Al...

Bill

It's been VERY easy to control.I have only touched the vents twice in 5 hours! 36*-54* ambient and the first time was to make it hotter as it was idling at ~ 200*.Looks like this might be a winner for long cooks on the 14....we'll see.

So it lasted 8 hrs on the money,like someone flicked a switch.I know it would have lasted a good bit longer had it not been so cold for the first 4 hrs.On a 70* + day I'd bet it would go 12 hrs or more.

Thanks yank.I want to try that Pok Pok Thaan charcoal in it.I have been very pleased with the little 14 so far.I've burned six 15.4 lb bags (92.4 lbs) of Royal Oak Ridge through it since Oct 21st!

You'll wake up in the middle of the night with the ECB next to the bed making R2D2 noises...chirping and whistling.Top spinning in circles.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky