Mes draft

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
How many holes are in the smoke chamber.... I can see 1.... Try putting 3 each 7/8" holes.....
Also, this is the interior of my MES.... I can still use the element and chip pan if needed...
001.JPG
Mailbox mod 2.jpg

Reactions: MJB05615

Attachments

• IMG_20200416_202825562.jpg
    IMG_20200416_202825562.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 18
Reactions: daveomak
I'm still with Bear on this with the altitude problem..the tubes work outside of the smoker in my mod, sometimes in the smoker depending on wind....tray goes out after about an hour or so.... This smoker and most of the stuff was given to me as the person also couldn't get the tray working.. I'm absolutely positive I'm doing everything correctly as I can light the tubes in my mod and forget it and it'll burn to ashes even without nuking the pellets just finished some cheese the tubes worked Friday for salmon six hours and Saturday for pulled pork eleven hours

Question, Kevin:
If like you say "The Tray goes out after an hour or so" and you say " I can light the tubes in my mod and forget it and it'll burn to ashes even without nuking the pellets", Why not just go with the one way that it works for you.
I believe Amazing Smoker even says that the "Tube is supposed to be used for Larger Smokers or Smokers used at Higher Altitudes".
I hate to see people forced to use Mods, but if that's what you gotta do, that's what you gotta do.

Bear

Question, Kevin:
If like you say "The Tray goes out after an hour or so" and you say " I can light the tubes in my mod and forget it and it'll burn to ashes even without nuking the pellets", Why not just go with the one way that it works for you.
I believe Amazing Smoker even says that the "Tube is supposed to be used for Larger Smokers or Smokers used at Higher Altitudes".
I hate to see people forced to use Mods, but if that's what you gotta do, that's what you gotta do.

Bear
That's what I'm going to do for now I wanted to get the tubes to work in the smoker so I could add a little more smoke with the mod and chunks my pulled pork was awesome but lacking smoke flavor I think cuz of the temperature the chunks would be in my mod with a hot plate to supplement the smoke...I did a Cornish hen same result lacking smoke...my salmon last Friday following your recipe was the best I've done but that's a lower temp

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky