Meals that didn't happen

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kit s

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Sep 2, 2017
Messed up state of California
It has been said that no pictures...it didn't happen.
Lol so the meals that didn't happen for me this last week.
One chuck seared 8 min. bot sides light smoked with apple wood.
Braised in beef stock and liptons beef onion soup mix.
1st night, sopas...a local portugal style seasoned boiled meat w/broth all with bread.
2nd night , made roux to add to remaining broth for a gravy. Chunked up some of the chuck and served it with some of the gravy over a bow tie pasta.
3rd night , Boiled up some potato, carrot, celery cooed until 3/4 done. Drained 90% of the wter, added some chunk chuckie, and gravy...finish cooking until veggies done.
4th night, SOS. Those in the service will know this one..though not sure they still serve to our forces today...mine was way better than served in in service...lol not sure what they did, the ones I always had there were the first "S".
5th night , rice bed covered with chunks of chuckie, and gravy, and broccoli.
They may not have happened but dang they were sure filling,. Must have a good imagination..lol
Guess wont make the carousel either....yep went of the I have gone I am just about ready for certifiable...
Kit...hope somebody at least gets a little entertainment for reading this post.

Kit; Your meals that didn't happen sound a lot better than my meals that didn't happen. (A couple rounds of vortex thighs, very good in their own right, but not nearly as complex as your recipe's).

Reactions: kit s
Well it’s a good thing those didn’t happen cause I’d be jealous , haven’t done a chuckie in a long time. My meals that didn’t happen so far were beef Wellington, cassoulet, coco vin. Lol.... actually meatloaf, chicken parm, country fried steak.

Well it’s a good thing those didn’t happen cause I’d be jealous , haven’t done a chuckie in a long time. My meals that didn’t happen so far were beef Wellington, cassoulet, coco vin. Lol.... actually meatloaf, chicken parm, country fried steak.

Wow! Now I'm feeling downright shamed.

• Haha
Fun thread. Meals that didn't happen around here were smoked spare ribs, chicken tortilla soup, and previously smoked pulled pork from the freezer. Oh, and home cooked fried rice to use up some leftovers and aging veggies.

Since it didn't happen, I shoulda lost weight. That didn't happen either!

• Haha
Reactions: kit s and chopsaw
Fun thread. Meals that didn't happen around here were smoked spare ribs, chicken tortilla soup, and previously smoked pulled pork from the freezer. Oh, and home cooked fried rice to use up some leftovers and aging veggies.

Since it didn't happen, I shoulda lost weight. That didn't happen either!

That's a good one Ray. Thanks for the first chuckle of the day.

nice job logging your food intake. Keep up the good work

My meals that didn't happen was an Old Bay shrimp boil with taters, onions, smoked sausage, andouille sausage, corn, shrimp and mussels with some crusty bread to soak up the broth, then for breakfast next morning all the leftovers on the Blackstone fried up and scrambled eggs and sourdough toast.
All enough for about 8 people.

Well gee don't feel so lonely in the whats for dinner cat.
Oh and as an abstract almost made a couple of enchilada from same concoction. LOL but that really didn't happen.

We also didn’t do a low country boil, and also some bacon wrapped chicken thighs, and modified Al Pastor tacos.
I‘m planning to not take out my previously made/frozen fatty, nor the rack of ribs or pack of chicken thighs in fridge. (Although I DID take pics making the fatty, but waiting for the plating pics to post)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky