Latest Effort at Chicken

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JRC

Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 26, 2024
Moraga, California
Tonight was smoked chicken quarters.

For those who followed some of the things I did to modify the Smoke Vault smoker, one of those was a wood platform for the probe receiver that sat on the top of the smoker attached with strip magnets. Imagine the surprise when I used the wood platform on the side of the smoker and came out to see the receiver dangling from the side, the wood on the deck, and the magnets stuck to the side with the glue from the glue gun running down the side of the smoker. Not a good look if I say so myself.

the attached photos show what I did to resolve the issue. Shelves mounted to the side, held on with wing nuts so they can be removed and the cover put in place.

The chicken went 1 1/2 hours between 265-280. Apple wood.

Attachments

• Chicken Quarters 2.jpeg
    Chicken Quarters 2.jpeg
    271 KB · Views: 41
  • New Shelf 1.jpeg
    New Shelf 1.jpeg
    170.7 KB · Views: 43
  • New Shelf 2.jpeg
    New Shelf 2.jpeg
    164.8 KB · Views: 43
Tonight was smoked chicken quarters.

For those who followed some of the things I did to modify the Smoke Vault smoker, one of those was a wood platform for the probe receiver that sat on the top of the smoker attached with strip magnets. Imagine the surprise when I used the wood platform on the side of the smoker and came out to see the receiver dangling from the side, the wood on the deck, and the magnets stuck to the side with the glue from the glue gun running down the side of the smoker. Not a good look if I say so myself.

the attached photos show what I did to resolve the issue. Shelves mounted to the side, held on with wing nuts so they can be removed and the cover put in place.

The chicken went 1 1/2 hours between 265-280. Apple wood.
Looks righteous to me! I bet delicious 😋 as well. Nice!

Reactions: JRC
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky