Kettle warranty?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokingUPnorth

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Dec 7, 2017
Michigan UP
Does anyone have experience with the kettle warranties? I have a 26” kettle that I baby and take great care of. It’s only about two years old. But you can see where the legs mount to the bowl, the paint has chipped and is failing. Some pics are below but I just want to hear others experience with a warranty through them. I have a 22” that is probably 7 years old and I’ve been rough on that never has done this. Pics might be hard to see but you can tell I think

Attachments

• 6E59F423-AC64-44D0-93C4-65C519B0CC7C.jpeg
    6E59F423-AC64-44D0-93C4-65C519B0CC7C.jpeg
    137.9 KB · Views: 43
  • 968764E7-7BB0-43F4-B186-5AEFA534384D.jpeg
    968764E7-7BB0-43F4-B186-5AEFA534384D.jpeg
    144.6 KB · Views: 42
  • 1132C769-3E29-4242-8E5A-CAD5CC08DE4B.jpeg
    1132C769-3E29-4242-8E5A-CAD5CC08DE4B.jpeg
    185.6 KB · Views: 41
  • D7F2A9AA-2ED2-4752-9F68-3C5B51EA5168.jpeg
    D7F2A9AA-2ED2-4752-9F68-3C5B51EA5168.jpeg
    232.2 KB · Views: 43
Bummer. It’s a Weber? I have no idea but I’m guessing you can contact who you bought it from, and if that’s doesn’t work Weber direct?

I have no idea of the warranty but have dealt with their top notch customer service in the past. Contact the Weber folks by email and send them pics and a detailed explanation. If you still have purchase documentation, take a pic of it and send that too. I was pleasantly surprised by their response to a WSM problem I had.

Reactions: babydocsmoke
I have had a few things go wrong with my weber will it was under warranty, I called them and they said send them a picture and the following day they were sending me new parts.

I had great results dealing with their warranty department. I had purchased a new 26" to replace my 22" Deluxe Performer that we were moving to our permanent campsite. My plan was to build a cart for the 26" similar to the Performer.

After having the grill for about a month, I noticed some rust in a few spots. After inspecting further, I found quite a few areas missing finishing or finish flaked off. I had not used it or did a burn in, I simply purchased it, loaded into my truck (already assembled), and unloaded at home. The lid and bowl were wrapped individually in moving blankets to protect the finish.

The problem areas on the bowl were where the legs attached (some rust coming out after rain on the exterior and the finish flaked off on the interior where they attached), and the handle. There was some finish missing where it looked like it had been stressed and there was rust coming out of the seam (where the handle attached to the bowl) after rain.

The lid had missing or flaked off finish around the vent holes.

I contacted Weber (via their website) and received a response the next day. They requested the usual information. I sent them pictures of all the problem areas and said that I had excellent results with my 22" performer that has lived its entire life outdoors. About a few weeks later, I received a brand new bowl and lid!

So now I have a new in box (naked/stripped) 26" that needs the grates and accessories to complete it, and my original. I did not not to return the defected 26".

Reactions: noboundaries
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky