Kettle pizza time

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokingUPnorth

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Dec 7, 2017
Michigan UP
It’s been a long time since I did some pizzas on the kettle. It was Friday and my wife wanted pizza so I figured I’d give it a go. Just two pretty simple pizzas. One half cheese half pepperoni onion and banana pepper (wasn’t a fan of the mini pepperoni) the other was a bbq chicken pizza with fresh mozzarella. The fresh mozzarella really set it off. We have been using DePalo food pizza dough that our food lion carries sometime. When they have it I get it and freeze some, it’s really good and I try to press it out like a Neapolitan type crust. Anyway here are some pictures
IMG_6030.jpeg

IMG_6033.jpeg
IMG_6044.jpeg
IMG_4717.jpeg
IMG_4719.jpeg
IMG_4722.jpeg
IMG_6045.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6029.jpeg
    IMG_6029.jpeg
    191.1 KB · Views: 27
Nice work on those . They look fantastic .
I make most of the pizza dough here , but that is great pizza dough . It's a pretty popular brand ( because it's great ) and is sold around the country . Comes out of North Carolina .
That's some really good dough . Your pizza looks awesome .

Reactions: SmokingUPnorth
Those pizzas look fantastic!
As soon as we get some cooler weather, I have to fire up my kettle pizza too! Oh, it looks like the next couple of days will be cooler. Well I guess we’ll be having pizza too! Hope mine look as good as yours!
Al

It’s been a long time since I did some pizzas on the kettle. It was Friday and my wife wanted pizza so I figured I’d give it a go. Just two pretty simple pizzas. One half cheese half pepperoni onion and banana pepper (wasn’t a fan of the mini pepperoni) the other was a bbq chicken pizza with fresh mozzarella. The fresh mozzarella really set it off. We have been using DePalo food pizza dough that our food lion carries sometime. When they have it I get it and freeze some, it’s really good and I try to press it out like a Neapolitan type crust. Anyway here are some pictures
View attachment 678471

View attachment 678472View attachment 678473View attachment 678474View attachment 678475View attachment 678476View attachment 678477
looks delicious. silly qestion. what's the lid opener thingy... is that a weber accessory?

Great looking lies! And I like the house slippers too. I’m about due for a new pair.

Jim
Haha those are the wife’s. She took the pic.
looks delicious. silly qestion. what's the lid opener thingy... is that a weber accessory?
Not a weber product. I bought it years ago from Home Depot or Amazon can’t remember. It was only $100 and came with the stone and the peel too. I don’t believe they sell them anymore. Which is too bad. It’s been holding up great
Couple good looking pies Brian
I like a thick dough also.

David
Thanks. I go back and fourth with crust. I can never make up my mind haha

Thanks everyone for the comments!

Really tasty looking pies Brian. I agree the mini pepperonis just don't look right on pizza.

Point for sure
Chris

After looking at those pies SmokingUPnorth SmokingUPnorth , now my belly's growling! The dough looks great! I'll be looking g for it at the store but have a question. What temperature is recommended for that dough? Thanks.

After looking at those pies SmokingUPnorth SmokingUPnorth , now my belly's growling! The dough looks great! I'll be looking g for it at the store but have a question. What temperature is recommended for that dough? Thanks.
Thanks Colin. The package says 450-475* which is what I do when we do them in the oven. But on the grill I try to get it as hot as possible. Usually about two full chimneys and I’ll chuck in some chunks of whatever wood I have laying around to bring the temp up

Thanks Brian, I appreciate that. I Googled the product and did not find the recommended baking temperature on their web sight.
Thanks again.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky