Interesting thread on et-73 mods

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The length is a big deal and there is less signal loss with 1/2 wave length than 1/4 wave length. Position is of a concern also. Keep it as straight as possible.

A good wire would be the center conductor of a chunk of coaxial cable. Usually its steel that's copper coated, and quite stiff. You could leave the center insulation on the part outside the case and seal it with silicone at the case and tip.

If ya want to experiment, cut it to about 7 inches, and trim with cutters for max range.

squeezy......we are talking the reciever......NOT the transmitter.......the reciever should be inside with you.............

if water is a problem.......just stick a baggie over it when it rains.......the transmitter

well.........like i said........i followed that link........read 12 pages of the discussion of what mite be the problem..........the general consensus of what i read..........they was pinpointing the reciever............

thats all i am going by............i have NO clue........i am trying to find out.......IF i get one for christmas......wether i should just take it back.......but if it can be fixed......then i will do it.........i like to tinker......its a curse i tell ya........a curse..........

From everything I read, it was the receiver only. The xmitter seems be right. However, if we could just get more power... Scotty, (or Tim Taylor) where are ya...

WD, did you ever get any kind of a response from Maverick? If not, I'm really stunned they didn't respond with something, even a form letter.

I was just doing a little research on what type of temp probes to buy and was looking at this model because of everyones recommendations. But if the company won't even answer email about performance issues, I think I'll be spending my money elsewhere.

Oddball. I'm not certain I'd let this scare you off. I've got two of them, and outside of the on/off switch being a little flimsy, I've not had any issue with them at all. The range I use mine at is about 40-50 ft through two walls and I've not done the mods mentioned. I like the features on them and they do fit my purpose. Just my .02.

KE

I just picked up my second ET-73. The first one still works fine, just wanted another for the times I do multiple hunks of meat.

I might crack one of em open to see if I got an antenna or not. Mine has problems reaching about 20 feet and through 1 door. Seems like it should have a longer range.

Well I placed my order for the ET-73. All of the complaints and lack of support aside, it appears to be the only unit currently available to monitor meat and grill temp. We'll see what happens.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky