I was booted!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

GoMocs1

Original poster
Jun 9, 2024
I had only posted a handful of times over a couple months. The other day I posted about ZGrills buy one get 10 deal. I was then informed I was banned for spamming. Any idea why?
I guess all is okay, just used a different email address and signed up again.
Thanks.

Yea, that reads weird if that's all you did. I mean, I think this site may even get something for clicks on Amazon links we put in here. People post links about products and sales here, so that doesn't seem right if that's all you did.

It may seem suspect to a site I guess if someone is a newbie and just starts posting product links, so maybe spend some time participating in other ways to prove you are here for the site and community before dropping product links?

I stopped posting picture threads of cooks years ago because I became a bit disillusioned with the site...ironically because I got sick of someone pushing a product endorsed or sold by Jeff/Smoking Meats at seemingly every turn back then. I returned recently to spend some leisure web time away from the news, etc., but now I do stuff on the sidelines instead of creating content. I just kind of "blow some smoke".

It's funny, some people complain about the non-smoking content here, but for me it gets monotonous to focus on smoking meat/stuff till I'm blue in the face, so I'm glad they allow other topics here. I do not give a rip about likes, post counts and all the fancy badges in the avatar or whatever thats called to the left identifying us. Fame doesn't really impress me. I just had a meeting with a well known former NFL player for something to be made for his house. His fame never entered the discussion. We have literally never discussed his past except I made a sports reference about how I cant help but catch something falling or flying and get hurt sometimes trying to catch a falling thing! I blame it on playing sports as a kid, its instinct. He knows I know who he is, but that's not why we are working together.

Reactions: JLeonard
I’m a famous banjo player. And my dad says i gotta purdy mouth.
IMG_0702.jpeg

Old name was just GoMocs I did post it as a Facebook link...guess that was the problem.

GoMocs,

You only have 5 post then you posted what you did so it was flagged for spam as this is what spammers do here so that is why you were kicked. I corrected it so you can use that one again.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky