• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

I Have a Timing Question re: Brisket

SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bwinca

Aug 11, 2017
Hey There,

I am having people over at around 1 pm for a smoked brisket lunch. With the recipe I have for it, I smoke it for 2-3 hours in a smoker and then put it in the oven for about 7-8 hours to retain the juices  (wrapping foil around it). Boy does it turn out good! But anyways....

But because it's a lunch the timing is a real problem. Including the time I need to set aside for having it rest, I have to start smoking it at 1-1:30 am! And by the way I am changing the temp on the oven every so often so I can't stick it in there and forget about it. That means basically no sleep for me.

So...I am wondering if there is any harm if I smoke it the night before and finish at around 10-11 pm and then wake up around 4-5 am and stick it in the oven? Does anything happen to it if I wait that long after smoking it and before I put it in the oven? And if not, what is the best way to store it overnight- at room temp or in the refrigerator, covered or not?

Thanks a lot!

myownidaho

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Nov 27, 2016
I would wrap it in foil, put it in the fridge and reheat the whole wrapped brisket the next day.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Top Bottom
Clicky