Greetings from northern va

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Marcsmith

Original poster
Mar 19, 2019
currently reside just outside of dc.
Have been smoking meats for some time on a masterbuilt propane fired vertical smoker. Having good results with the ability to repeat results.

Joined up as I’m in the early stages of acquiring material to build a horizontal reverse flow. And figured it would give me a sounding board for questions

Most recent meat from this past weekend
Chorizo, sweet and hot Italian sausages, two shoulders, and one corned beef brisket. The ribs were done on the grill

Attachments

• ECEB3988-EA92-4859-9FDB-A9589D3A1EAF.jpeg
    ECEB3988-EA92-4859-9FDB-A9589D3A1EAF.jpeg
    170.4 KB · Views: 9
Welcome to the forum, glad you joined up. There are plenty of builders here to help you out.

Chris

Welcome to the best forum on the web. You should be able to find lots of answers to your build questions here along with plenty of additional information. Looking forward to more pictures from your smoking adventures.

thanks for the welcome. yeah still working on the design looking at pics and seeing what others have done, but got a line on a 100lb propane tank that failed inspection, so i think it can be had for maybe the cost of a smoked shoulder... I calculated that the 100lb propane tank should have about the same cooking area as my masterbuilt, or at least close enough. just nice to have something smaller I don't plan on putting any pigs on this. me and buddy have a cinder block pit for doing the big stuff
__68b1ff026613092386cbb043aaba9c2a_width-600.jpeg

__d8d4c7e224b8c90d28413d2d2cb64447_width-600.jpeg

Thanks for warm welcome. Already got a tank lined up for my build.

Weed. Are you a landscaper by chance?

Attachments

• 3EB550E1-9B63-4CFB-85AA-F0D9627AC8DF.jpeg
    3EB550E1-9B63-4CFB-85AA-F0D9627AC8DF.jpeg
    146 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: JC in GB
Good Morning and Welcome from another Beautiful Day here in East Texas

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky