Granny's Dutch Oven/Skillet schooling

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wimpy69

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Came across box with these two, along with some decorative flat ware. No idea, and don't feel like an afternoon down a rabbit hole. 10" Dutch, single hole on pot no handle no lid and a 8" skillet. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_20221119_121258222.jpg
    IMG_20221119_121258222.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20221119_124438155.jpg
    IMG_20221119_124438155.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20221119_121153838.jpg
    IMG_20221119_121153838.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 40
The Griswold is likely worth a few bucks.. would need some better photos to decipher what they are. There's a huge Cast Iron following on another forum I am on that I can ask them about.

Reactions: Steve H
The Griswold is likely worth a few bucks.. would need some better photos to decipher what they are. There's a huge Cast Iron following on another forum I am on that I can ask them about.
Know enough not to start wire brushing, etc. Actually would like to get it clean enough to use but that's down the road. Info on cleaning markings up on the skillet would be welcome. I'm sure if its a common forger the partial markings would be easy to id. Sure, inquire, I'm up for any info.

Reactions: kilo charlie
Know enough not to start wire brushing, etc. Actually would like to get it clean enough to use but that's down the road. Info on cleaning markings up on the skillet would be welcome. I'm sure if its a common forger the partial markings would be easy to id. Sure, inquire, I'm up for any info.

I already made a post over there with a link to this post.. I'll let you know what they say if anything

Came across box with these two, along with some decorative flat ware. No idea, and don't feel like an afternoon down a rabbit hole. 10" Dutch, single hole on pot no handle no lid and a 8" skillet. Thanks in advance.
Anything marked " Made in " and the country of origin is post 1960 .
So made after 1960 .
Looks like the second pan is marked " Made in USA "
The Dutch oven I think is an older one . Hard to tell from the pictures .
Zoom out on some of the pics . Get the handle on the skillet .

The numbers like 8 or 10 refer to the hole size on a wood burning stove . Mostly for the earlier stuff with the ring on the bottom .

Reactions: kilo charlie
The skillet is considered " unmarked " Unlike the dutch that says " Griswold " so you know who made it . I have a post 1960 Wagner that looks about the same , but the handle is different . The number , shape , and the center punch mark on the handle all mean something . Just have to research it , but I'll guess that the unmarked is a Wagner post 1960 . Great pans , especially if it's a family piece .
Get them cleaned up . Then you can really see what it says . I'm guessing you're keeping them ?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky