Good To See You Back!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Yep, I'm back.
So Sept wasn't all that good for me. We were home and I started doing things I don't normally do--and then I wandered off and went to bed The next morning I didn't get up for work which Linda thought that was really odd, as I always showed up early at work. So it was into town to the Emergency. I had none of the usual physical signs of a stroke, but they kept me anyway. I had suffered a stroke..
My signs of a stroke were all mental. My memory was missing, and I couldn't come up with a word in a conversation. I knew what I wanted to say, but I couldn't find the word. I also suffered from siatica. I had pains in both arms and both legs. Well the siatica is still there, and on very rare occations, I can't find the right word to use. About a couple of weeks later I took my pickup anf trailer for a drive, When approaching a T-intersection with a stop sign, I drove straight through and oiled up in the ditch. I was still there when the police arrived. One checked me out to see if I had been drinking, and the other drove me home when they decided I hadn't been.
Well there were no charges laid, but they pulled my license.
Now that was a real bummer. 49 years driving truck and I was walking. For the past 10 months I've been unemployed and chauffered everywhere. Last week they notified me that I'm on the list to take the course to get my lic back.
So....thats my sad story. Good thing I haven't lost the ability to see the humour in things. Huh??
Gary

Yep, I'm back.
So Sept wasn't all that good for me. We were home and I started doing things I don't normally do--and then I wandered off and went to bed The next morning I didn't get up for work which Linda thought that was really odd, as I always showed up early at work. So it was into town to the Emergency. I had none of the usual physical signs of a stroke, but they kept me anyway. I had suffered a stroke..
My signs of a stroke were all mental. My memory was missing, and I couldn't come up with a word in a conversation. I knew what I wanted to say, but I couldn't find the word. I also suffered from siatica. I had pains in both arms and both legs. Well the siatica is still there, and on very rare occations, I can't find the right word to use. About a couple of weeks later I took my pickup anf trailer for a drive, When approaching a T-intersection with a stop sign, I drove straight through and oiled up in the ditch. I was still there when the police arrived. One checked me out to see if I had been drinking, and the other drove me home when they decided I hadn't been.
Now that was a real bummer. 49 years driving truck and I was walking. For the past 10 months I've been unemployed and chauffered everywhere. Last week they notified me that I'm on the list to take the course to get my lic back.
So....thats my sad story. Good thing I haven't lost the ability to see the humour in things. Huh??
Gary

I‘m sorry to hear of the troubles you’ve been having Gary…but I’m heartened with the hope that you may be getting better. Health problems are hard - even more so when you lose independence. Here’s hoping you get that license back and are able - both physically and legally - to return to normal activities.

Be well Brother!

Red

Yep, I'm back.
Gary
Sir, with all due respect, I am also a driver. I can only imagine the pain that goes with them pulling your license. I seriously can't imagine. I also know that we here and I'm sure many other are glad you are still with us. I guess what I'm saying is as much as all this sucks beyond words, you are still with us and we can all thank whoever or whatever we believe in. We are all thankful you are still here.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky