First Smoke in my MES 30"

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

link

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 7, 2008
Michigan
OK, So I got the MES 30" because I wanted to try the electric smoker and the reviews on this are almost all good (I normally use a Oklahoma Joe when smoking). 

So I fired this up yesterday (outside temp was about 12°. I set the MES to 260° and let it warm up. I have an A-Maze-N pellet smoker but wanted to use the chip tray for the first try. I loaded it up with Orange wood chips and put in a nice Venison roast.

even with the outside temp low the MES held right about 256°. Dumped chips three times and it was done.

Here is the result:

OK, So I got the MES 30" because I wanted to try the electric smoker and the reviews on this are almost all good (I normally use a Oklahoma Joe when smoking). 

So I fired this up yesterday (outside temp was about 12°. I set the MES to 260° and let it warm up. I have an A-Maze-N pellet smoker but wanted to use the chip tray for the first try. I loaded it up with Orange wood chips and put in a nice Venison roast.

even with the outside temp low the MES held right about 256°. Dumped chips three times and it was done.

Here is the result:

Very  nice work. Great roast.  Jted

Nice looking roast.  I wish I was in an area where I could hunt more  :(  

How'd you like the new smoker?  I love the set temp and leave it of a electric.
I like the new smoker a lot. The ability to set the temp and have it hold there (especially with the cold outdoor temp) was really nice. I think I will use it a lot more this winter. than my OK Joe just for that reason alone.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky