Finally.... I'm making jerky again!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks Paul!

Just trying to provide a little Q-view, but honestly I'm having second thoughts about doing so.

it looks good ... I need to make some myself ..this crap they sell at the grocery store isn't fit to eat ...I got a guy I buy some from in FL ..(hmm that sounds bad lol)   but its pretty high dollar since he uses that waygu beef (Ya I spelled it wrong)   I never used eye of the round .. I might have to try that ...They have slicers at Sam's ... I wonder if I can get them to slice it for me   didn't you say you do yours about 2mm thick

did you ever make it to Camp Lejeune when u served ?

I hear ya, there's some nasty stuff for sale and for big bucks too. Years ago, for awhile there, every time I shopped at Sam's I would buy two bags of Teriyaki flavor Jack Link's. That stuff couldn't have been too bad because we'd make it disappear in short order. Home made is better.

It won't hurt to ask.... the worst they could say is, no. I try to slice it so it's not thinner than 3/16" or thicker than 1/4".

No, I never made it to Lejeune.....  mostly Camp Hansen, Okinawa and Camp Pendleton, CA.

Last edited:
Looks great!!! Thanks for the slicing tip!!
Thanks and you're welcome!

Thought I would mention it for those that didn't know, because it does make a difference in the finished product. But, not everyone cares to do it in this manner.

Joe that looks good ... I hope you didnt tell all your neighbors you made another batch :)   maybe u can enjoy it this time
Thanks Paul! It turned out well and I've already put a nice little dent in it......it's almost like eating popcorn!   Usually when I make something in quantity, family and friends get to enjoy some of it also. However, they will enjoy less of this last batch! 
biggrin.gif

Awesome awesome awesome. The cutting pics were great. That's how I'm going to do it for sure.
Looking forward to your Q-view!

If I'm still around 10-15yrs from now, I'll post some pics on how to prepare jerky in a blender. Jerky Smoothie anyone???
THAT LOOKS LIKE YOU HAVE TOUGH QA DEPARTMENT AND INSPECTOR
Yeah, he's pretty tough... nothing will get past him and that's just a part-time gig for him. His full time position is Director of Home Security.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky