Commercial Rubs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well I found some Bad Byron's Butt Rub at my local Publix and gave it a shot yesterday. I read it was pretty salty so i mixed 1/4 cup of the Butt Rub with a 1/4 cup of brown sugar. Smoked a small rack of St Louis Soar Ribs and they turned out pretty good. First picture is after two hours on peach paper. I put a light coat of sauce on them and put them back in the smoker for another hour. Second picture with sweet potatoes is the final product.

I did place an order for some Meat Church Honey Hog, Holy Cow, and Holy Gospel. I like my brisket rub with a little more pepper so I bought the Holy Cow but depending on the crowd I may use the Holy Gospel to take the pepper flavor down a little bit.

Attachments

• IMG_20240505_151706777_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240505_151706777_HDR.jpg
    257.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20240505_161527923_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240505_161527923_HDR.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Reactions: 912smoker
Aside from Dirty Bird, I typically make my own rubs. I like to apply salt early and dry brine Beef, Pork, Venison and Bison. So I go back with a homemade rub without salt.

- Jason

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky