Cocktails Thread

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
I'm always looking for new Cocktails. I make cocktails every Sunday for the prayer meeting on the river. When it come right down to it it's hard to beat a Margarita on the Rocks. My favorite Margarita is with some Guava juice added to it. I use Dr Swami & Bone Daddy Low Calorie Margarita Mix, and decent Tequila.

Then there is Old Fashioned. I make a simple syrup using Allulose and Monk Fruit Extract. Been using Buffalo Trace, two shots, and 3/4 shot simple syrup. Than few drops Orange bitters, Walnut bitters and barrel aged bitters.

Last edited:
Margaritas are a favorite. One I enjoy making, and am still working to perfect, is the Caipirinha, Brazil's national drink. It's simple, just lime chunks muddled in a glass with sugar and cachacha, which is a South American sugar cane brandy. If you look for it, you can often find it in larger liquor stores, but the limes we have here are different...so I've never gotten them to taste as good as the one's I've had in Brazil.

Reactions: JLeonard
I enjoy a margarita, and yes.. on the rocks is the only way. Its a simple fuss free drink. Other than that I don't care for most others outside of basic gin or vodka and diet tonic. The occasional lime or orange slice but never to excess. The old fashioned is something I just can't drink. Bourbon whisky scotch etc etc for me are neat or with a small touch of ice. I lost my taste for rum years ago but every now and then I take a shot of Sailor Jerry. It's like the man Captain Morgan wishes to be.

I’ve been on a whiskey smash kick for a few years. Bourbon or rye (I prefer Bulleit Rye), half a muddled lemon and a lil simple syrup. Add ice and Stir that all up in a mixing glass and strain into your choice of glass (I do a lowball) full of ice. Very refreshing, even better if you crush the ice in a Lewis bag. I’ll give details if anyone wishes. 😎🍹🍹

Last edited:
I lost my taste for rum years ago but every now and then I take a shot of Sailor Jerry.
Me too. Used to go to St. Croix on business years ago and we flew with our gear. We could pack cases of Cruzan gold in the gear and sneak it back duty free. Soooo many cases of rum, and it was about $2.25 a fifth! The Coke was more expensive than the rum on that island back then. Drank so much I lost my taste for rum altogether.

For me, margaritas should be strained, but on the rocks is OK. And a salt rimmed glass. I must have a lick of salt with every sip! There is a Mexican place nearby that does a Whiskey Margarita that I have to have nearly every time we go there.

Whiskey sour is an oldie but goodie, hand made, no mixer and it must have egg white in it for me or its just not the same.

Adjacent to that is something similar but a liquor most may have not tried. A Peruvian brandy. Had a Pisco sour at a Peruvian restaurant in town and loved it, so I had to go find Pisco and make my own. I enjoyed it, then when the bottle ran out I quit. I dont drink many "cocktails" anymore for some reason.

I'm vodka and carbonated water (I have a Soda Stream) over cubed ice with a spritz of lime before dinner, and bourbon on crushed ice after dinner. Not much for drinking any liquor "neat".

I’ve been on a whiskey smash kick for a few years. Bourbon or rye (I prefer Bulleit Rye), half a muddled lemon and a lil simple syrup. Add ice and Stir that all up in a mixing glass and strain into your choice of glass (I do a lowball) full of ice. Very refreshing, even better if you crush the ice in a Lewis bag. I’ll give details if anyone wishes. 😎🍹🍹
I didn't know that these had a name.
My Gramps, drank them yrs ago, I enjoy them as well.

I'm not sure this qualifies as a cocktail but Mrs Okie and I really enjoyed it this last weekend . Like everything Kosmos recommends, I've found to be good.

We used Yeungling Flight for the beer. And we're looking for a zero sugar lemonade concentrate to really drop the carbs and calories.

Its very good, so good , that the problem with it, it would be easy to get stupid drunk on it. I could sip on it all afternoon.

Sale on soda's and seen that Coke Spiced. Like an idiot I bought 2 without tasting. Man that stuff nasty. I have tried Black Rum, Whiskey and Capt Morgan. Guess its time to give up! I made up some of my Peach moonshine yesterday. Now that is good!

Margaritas are a favorite. One I enjoy making, and am still working to perfect, is the Caipirinha, Brazil's national drink. It's simple, just lime chunks muddled in a glass with sugar and cachacha, which is a South American sugar cane brandy. If you look for it, you can often find it in larger liquor stores, but the limes we have here are different...so I've never gotten them to taste as good as the one's I've had in Brazil.
Man that sounds so good. Now I have to go get a bottle!
Old fashioned with Angels Envy is hard to beat but I like Mojitos in the summer as well, the wife prefers the Moscow mule.
I love Mojitos. Baja Bob makes a good low carb one.
Highballs are always good. So are Mexican Mules.
I have forgot about Mexican mules! Time to fix that. Those are so good.

Reactions: sandyut
This all I can find:

1719924872268.png

I'm always looking for new Cocktails. I make cocktails every Sunday for the prayer meeting on the river. When it come right down to it it's hard to beat a Margarita on the Rocks. My favorite Margarita is with some Guava juice added to it. I use Dr Swami & Bone Daddy Low Calorie Margarita Mix, and decent Tequila.

Then there is Old Fashioned. I make a simple syrup using Allulose and Monk Fruit Extract. Been using Buffalo Trace, two shots, and 3/4 shot simple syrup. Than few drops Orange bitters, Walnut bitters and barrel aged bitters.
Just a simpleton here, Capt. Morgan and Sprite zero. Most Margarita concoctions give me heart burn.

Me too. Used to go to St. Croix on business years ago and we flew with our gear. We could pack cases of Cruzan gold in the gear and sneak it back duty free. Soooo many cases of rum, and it was about $2.25 a fifth! The Coke was more expensive than the rum on that island back then. Drank so much I lost my taste for rum altogether.

For me, margaritas should be strained, but on the rocks is OK. And a salt rimmed glass. I must have a lick of salt with every sip! There is a Mexican place nearby that does a Whiskey Margarita that I have to have nearly every time we go there.

Whiskey sour is an oldie but goodie, hand made, no mixer and it must have egg white in it for me or its just not the same.

Adjacent to that is something similar but a liquor most may have not tried. A Peruvian brandy. Had a Pisco sour at a Peruvian restaurant in town and loved it, so I had to go find Pisco and make my own. I enjoyed it, then when the bottle ran out I quit. I dont drink many "cocktails" anymore for some reason.

I'm vodka and carbonated water (I have a Soda Stream) over cubed ice with a spritz of lime before dinner, and bourbon on crushed ice after dinner. Not much for drinking any liquor "neat".
Oh yes do I remember the Cruzan flowing in the Caribbean. Never been to St. Croix proper, but spent some quality time on St. Thomas and St. Maarten quite a few years ago. They might as well have been giving it away it was so cheap.

Lol, same with me. I discovered Cruzan rum on St. Thomas in '86. I believe it was $2 a bottle then. Haven't been able to drink rum since.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky