cleaning smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

vayoteman

Original poster
May 29, 2013
virgina
aaing new to the site I have a question about cleaning my mes 30. It says clean the machine and I know creosot make meat bitter. How clean should the machine be. back to stainless look or is it seasoned now with some smoke, an how will that affect flavors going forward any advice would be great... maybe just the really dirty stuff should be wiped down???

There has been a lot of discussion on the subject. I have never seen the need to clean it to New condition. I did see a thread about soaking some old towels in water, wet but not dripping, and placing them on the Racks with the MES at 275*F and the Vents Closed to Steam the gunk off. I plan on trying this in a couple of weeks...JJ

The only thing that I clean are my racks....don't want the next smoke to taste bad from the icky things that stayed on them and got moldy (or had a few flies leave presents on).  I make sure there is no grease that can catch fire under the element too.  But...love to walk by mine and get a whiff of a good seasoned smoker.

Kat

Got mine ready for.some smoked venison jerky tom. Make an onion teryaki. Hot sweet lil honey on one side last 1/2 hour so to give sweetness w cayenne, reg soy wors sauce nat flave. Maybe a maple glaze too. Gonna make some usin left over sauce for bbq flave

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky