Camp Chef XXL Pro Feedback

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Dennis B From RI

Original poster
Jun 22, 2024
Problems with my Pit Boss Brunswick Platinum and terrible customer service from Pit Boss so I’m thinking of moving on to a Camp Chef XXL Pro.
Do any of you have positive or negative feedback on the XXL Pro? I prefer vertical smokers. Do you have any other recommendations?
Thanks for any help.
No Pit Boss recommends please. Their handling of my hopper fire in warranty was terrible.

Sorry for your troubles… I cannot speak about the XXL but will say my DLX has been a champ… it’s not vertical but I like Camp Chef products… quality for a decent price!

Reactions: Torch&Tone
You might look into the Grilla Mammoth… I think that’s my next smoker… though they have had production issues it looks like a solid smoker for the price!

Sorry for your troubles… I cannot speak about the XXL but will say my DLX has been a champ… it’s not vertical but I like Camp Chef products… quality for a decent price!
Thanks for the Camp Chef feedback. I’ve had 3 Pit Boss smokes and this will be my first time with a new brand so I was looking for something other than a “pro” review. I’m just a backyard smoker.
Quality product under $1,000 is my target.
Thanks again

You might look into the Grilla Mammoth… I think that’s my next smoker… though they have had production issues it looks like a solid smoker for the price!
I looked at the Mammoth, but saw that it’s out of stock. Given that my Pit Boss smoker is now a charred pile of scrap, I plan to get a new smoker soon.
Any idea when the Mammoth will be back in stock? There are features in the Mammoth that I like which are not available in the Camp Chef XXL Pro.

Bummer to hear about the issues with your Pit Boss and their customer service! I've heard great things about the Camp Chef XXL Pro, though. It's a beast of a smoker and the vertical design is awesome. One of my friends has one and swears by it. Have you considered the Yoder Wichita too? It's another popular vertical smoker that's worth checking out. Good luck with your search!

I looked at the Mammoth, but saw that it’s out of stock. Given that my Pit Boss smoker is now a charred pile of scrap, I plan to get a new smoker soon.
Any idea when the Mammoth will be back in stock? There are features in the Mammoth that I like which are not available in the Camp Chef XXL Pro.

Last update I heard was mid July from a member here SmokinEdge SmokinEdge . A few of us are waiting for the stock! You might keep an eye on this thread… it’s updated pretty regular!

Reactions: SmokinEdge
Bummer to hear about the issues with your Pit Boss and their customer service! I've heard great things about the Camp Chef XXL Pro, though. It's a beast of a smoker and the vertical design is awesome. One of my friends has one and swears by it. Have you considered the Yoder Wichita too? It's another popular vertical smoker that's worth checking out. Good luck with your search!
Thanks for the feedback. I’ll have a look at the Yoder. I’ve never come across that one

Thanks for the feedback. I’ll have a look at the Yoder. I’ve never come across that one
Last update I heard was mid July from a member here SmokinEdge SmokinEdge . A few of us are waiting for the stock! You might keep an eye on this thread… it’s updated pretty regular!

Thanks, I can wait another month. Much appreciated.

Welcome to SMF from North Texas. I do not have experience with a Pit Boss or the Camp Chef, you can already see that there are a bunch of folks with experience and willing to help... Great platform!

- Jason

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky