Cajun Sausage Gravy And Biscuits (W / Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
Well, I just had to go and do it. When I posted the breakfast the other day featuring the Cajun gravy, there were several comments about making it with sausage and serving over biscuits. Despite what Al jokingly said in a different thread, I really do have a job. I just don't have to work very may hours. I had a couple stops to make this morning, got those done, and was home by 7:00. Not a bad gig considering I still get paid for the whole day. Started thinking it was time to make some breakfast and remembered back to those comments about the Cajun sausage gravy so decided to give it a run.

Got some homemade smoked Cajun sausage out of the freezer and defrosted it
003.jpg

Chop it up pretty small
004.jpg

Into a pan with a couple tablespoons of butter
005.jpg

Heat the sausage, melt the butter, add flour and Cajun spice mix to make the roux
006.jpg

Add milk and a twist or two of ground black pepper
007.jpg

Gravy all done
008.jpg

Biscuits out of the oven
009.jpg

Split biscuits, top with sausage gravy, and chow down!!
010.jpg

I was amazed at how good this came out. MY concern was that it may be too salty being that the sausage and the spice mix have salt. Didn't need to worry about that. The flour toned the salt down to a perfect level. It took a couple bites to get my brain wrapped around the concept of Cajun sausage for breakfast, but once wrapped, I thoroughly enjoyed this. It was different, creative, and certainly outside the box, but all in a very good way. This will get done again, I can promise you that.

Full belly again,
Robert

Sounds good Robert. And it just so happens I have a link or two left in the freezer.....

Looks damn good Robert! Points for sure. I know I was thinking sausage when I saw your original thread and was thinking crumbled breakfast sausage but this is a way better idea. Like the Cajun sausage and gravy mix. You nailed it.

Sounds good Robert. And it just so happens I have a link or two left in the freezer.....

Thanks Steve. If you find yourself needing more spice mix just let me know my friend and I'll get it off in the mail. Heck, I'm headed to the post office shortly to send enough spice mix for 20# of sausage to Ontario, Canada. Now that I think about it, that's probably not too far from you :emoji_wink:

Robert

Reactions: Steve H
Looks damn good Robert! Points for sure. I know I was thinking sausage when I saw your original thread and was thinking crumbled breakfast sausage but this is a way better idea. Like the Cajun sausage and gravy mix. You nailed it.

Very much appreciate it John. I was very surprised how good this was. Like Steve though, I'm down to a couple of links. May be time to make some more.

Robert

That’s one of my favorite breakfasts and you kicked it up a notch.

I’ll have to make this, just need to set some sausage aside for it.

like!

Looks tasty! One thing that I would add... real butter on the biscuits and then the gravy.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky