Bulk Italian and Jalapeño Cheddar Brats

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Kvgsqtii

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Feb 28, 2022
SC
Pork butt went on sale this week and we were out of bulk Italian. Bought and ground two bus this morning intending on just making all Italian. But I decided that would be too boring.

Looked in the fridge and found a block of sharp cheddar and a jar of pickled jalapeños. Never made any sausage with cheese and jalapeños so figured I'd give it a shot. No real recipe and no idea if the proportions were even close to right, but what the heck.

Cheese and jalapeños. Left them out to dry a bit before mixing in.
20240504_190025.jpg

Mixed into the meat. Weights written on the vac seal bag. Brat mix was TSM.
20240504_190713.jpg

Went to stuff it but the prepped casings I had smelled funky so I had to pull some more out of the salt and soak them. Might get it stuffed tonight, might be in the morning. Thanks for looking.

Went ahead and got it cased tonight. Didn't take a pic after I attempted to link it, had 3 blowouts before I gave up. Maybe I jumped the gun on the casings tonight and they hadn't soaked long enough. Oh well.

20240504_225856.jpg

Fry test was really good and I'm looking forward to getting some on the grill.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky