Bricked iPhone 14

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I was a I-phone lover for a few years but changed over to Android years ago. I think my last I-phone was I-phone 6.
I bought the Galaxy 20 ultra 5G a few years ago and have not had any problems with it. There are newer models out now but until this one craps out on me (battery) I will keep using it.
My first smart phone was an iPhone 3GS. It served me well and I liked the phone up until I had to do a factory reset. My IOS version was too old for me to reinstall any of my apps from the store. Had to jailbreak the dang thing and install 3rd party apps to get it functional again.

Engineered obsolescence is what they do to force you to upgrade.

Next phone was an android and been there ever since. I can make even an ancient android (by today's standards) work. Samsung Galaxy has mainly been my choice. Currently running a Galaxy S23.

Reactions: DieselTech
With the 0% rates from carriers it's almost foolish not to upgrayed.

Went from a Note 4 to a S20fe guy here. Debating upgayeding or waiting further.

Like how crapple told the feds NO but dislike too many of their other "features" to swing that way now.

Thats wild about the iphone. I always update mine, and have it set for auto updates though I think the OS updates are just pushed to the phone, I don't think they auto update (not like my wifes samsung however).

I also have a Iphone14. I will say I declined the verizon insurance as well, but I pay for the applecare+. Have you tried just feigning innocence and going into the Apple store? If they can't bring it back to life, they might offer some sort of replacement assistance.

It does suck though having that happen. On my iphone 11 (my last phone before this) I had a similar situation happen but somehow I was able to get it to turn on and backed up. I also had a situation where it locked me out of the phone or something, but again I was able to recover it.

With how expensive these things are, it does put that sinking feeling in your stomach if something goes wrong.

I envy you. Though I don't think I could deal with not having one. The closest I get is not ever having signed up for Facebook. LOL

I do have a home phone... "If I don't answer, Leave a message and I will call you back... If I want to".
I don't do any of the social sites except this one.. A Toyota Tundra and 4Runner forums...

I envy you. Though I don't think I could deal with not having one. The closest I get is not ever having signed up for Facebook. LOL
I've had people I work with and even my work ask me what my facespace is. When I tell them me nor my wife has one. They always say you have to have one so people will know about you. Uh no that's exactly why we don't have one!

Out where I live cell phone service is kind of hit or miss in some areas. Only one provider really other then Bell Canada which is even worse for connections out here. They both charge a arm and a leg each month but I would say its a nice piece of mind to have the phone with you just in case you need it. Break down on the hiway and try flagging someone down to help out. lol
I'm even thinking about getting starlink for my RV. Some of the lakes I go to there is no cell signal so if I need to be in touch or need help starlink will fill that void.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky