Best smoked bacon rexipe

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pg77

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 30, 2017
Staten Island
I am new to smoking and want to try smoking my first pork belly for bacon, any and all tips and help is greatly appreciated.

If you are just starting out curing and smoking bacon, I would use the easy method in the Morton Home Meat Curing Guide. It can be bought on line for a few dollars. I would also use Morton Tender Quick dry curing mix. No mixing, just 1 Tablespoon of mix per pound of pork belly. After curing, be sure to wash the pork belly and soak for an hour or so. That is a newbe error, the bacon is to salty. Smoke for 3 - 4 hours in a low temp, 225 or so. I leave the skin on, but that is just a preference. Remove the skin before cutting.

Have fun.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky