Barbacoa Co4ch D4ve recipe

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

markh024

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Nov 8, 2016
Chicagoland
So i gave this recipe from Co4ch D4ve Co4ch D4ve a whirl and man did it deliver. The one alteration i made to the rub was excluding ground jalapeno and added a dash of smoked paprika, due to what i had on hand.
20180119_193714.jpg

As he says, rub will make more than you need so i saved it for another day.
20180119_194343.jpg

Rubbed and ready to sot in fridge. I kept it on the lighter side incase it was too spicey for wife and kids. (End result was not spicey at all so i can up my peppers next time)
20180119_195453.jpg

Smoked @250 in my CampChef STX for 3 hours until it hit 152.
20180120_140225.jpg

Roasting liquid prepped and into 300 degree oven
20180120_140611.jpg

It cooked way faster than I anticipated and rocketed to 205 in an hour during roast, however the chuck was not buttery probe tender. I left it in for 45 more min at 225. I ended up removing it , wrapping and rest for 1 hour while prepping remainder of meal. It pulled ok but not as easily as i wanted so i think i could have cooked it longer. Flavor was amazing! Some of the best tacos i have ever made. So hungry i forgot my plated shot so here is just the pulled beef. I strained the roasting juice and poured over the shred and MAN it was gooood! All credit to Co4ch D4ve. This is a keeper and thank you!
20180121_075903.jpg

Nice smoke ring and looks like it pulled pretty good.I have not tried Pulled Beef yet.Thanks for sharing
Richie LIKE

Thanks Richie. That was my first stab at a pulled chuckie. Definitely will be doing it again.

Looks good!

I don't think you would have had a problem leaving it to an IT (Internal Temp) of 210F. Especially in the braising sauce.

If you try again let us know how high you take the IT and if/how it helped :)

Reactions: markh024
I don’t even take the temp of chuckie at all when I make this. I go long enough on the smoker for a good smoke ring and flavor (@3 hours at 300° or so) and then into the braising liquid. Cover it with a lid and into the oven @300° until it is tender (usually takes about 2.5 to 3 hours). Pull, add some braising liquid and eat.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky