Another Butt Thread

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Smoking Audi

Meat Mopper
Original poster
May 19, 2021
Decided earlier this week to do a smoke this weekend but wasn’t sure about brisket or a butt. Hit the store and came home with both as it was good prices. Decided to toss the butt on last night about 7:30 PM. Ran it overnight at 180 on the Traeger Pro 34.

At 6 AM it was 159 so I turned up the temp to 225 and now 2 hours later it’s at 167. Coming along nicely.

It’s got a good skin forming but it’s not exactly crispy bark, gonna see what it’s like in an hour and then probably wrap in butcher paper. You can poke it and tell it’s not exactly crispy

First on at 7:30 PM:

IMG_2115.jpeg

Now at 8:30 AM

IMG_2125.jpeg

If you pulled out the larger chunks of fat you probably got them. I love me some rendered pork fat but after seeing this post I've been tossing any of the bigger chunks.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky