A week in the desert and I needed ribs.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fxsales1959

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Dec 17, 2019
PembrokePines, FL
Every year in April and June I'm sentenced to a week of hell in Las Vegas for our two largest Broadcast conventions.
I Loathe Las Vegas, this was my 34th trip. The minute my toes cross the tarmac all I can think of is: "What am i going to put in the smoker when I get home. My mind/heart was set on ribs. Within minutes of Uber dropping me I opened the garage freezer and saw the tip of a slab of St Louis peeking out the bottom. Viola. Since there was a race on Sunday, I started early. Nothing out of the ordinary. My custom rub, WSM settled around 250-275.
4 hours top rack, no wrap or spritz. Did a quick swipe of SBR Chipotle for about 45 minutes. Pull and rest.
Thank the good lord I'm home..... (until June)

VEGAS RIBS RESIZE.jpg

Dang those look Great!! Four hours and no peaking? Curious as I always go about 5.5-6 with a 2 hour wrap in butchers paper but have seen quite a few people say 4 hours no wrap and spritz so I am assuming no looking at all.

Great looking ribs. Vegas is on my bucket list to see. I'm not a gambler, but would just like to see the sights and etc.

Jim

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky