"A sense of inevitability"

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

richtee

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 12, 2007
N. Oakland County, MI
From the Detroit News:

Ted Kulfan / The Detroit News

DETROIT -- Watching the Lions on Sunday, there was a sense of inevitability. Somehow, the game wasn't going to end well despite the Lions holding the lead the vast majority of the game.

Watching the Wings on Sunday night against the Carolina Hurricanes, their hold seemed pretty secure. But the Wings' good fortune has to run out soon (doesn't it?) so there was some anxiety inside Joe Louis Arena.

"You never know," goalie Dominik Hasek said. "Make one mistake, and they can tie the game."

The Wings entered the third period with a one-goal lead but wound up winning, 5-2.

Thank goodness we have a team worth watching this time of year! The title of this article fit PERFECTLY my outlook as the Boys/"Loins" kicked it off yesterday afternoon. Just a sense of impending doom. A foreshadowing of unfortunate luck. They CAN'T win. Crucial calls go the wrong way. And Boys fans, don't tell me they didn't. And how DO the "Loins" get soo many guns on the field? ALWAYS shooting themselves in the foot. A-freaking-mazing.

The Wings don't make those mistakes very often. Not often at all!

Bill Ford Sr. is only committed to filling his stadium, not winning. Their GM is incompetent but the Fords won't fire him because he is loyal. Until the fans stay away from Ford Field and hit them in the pocket book nothing will ever change.

Lou

All sports are un necessary stress.
I dont even watch motorcycle racing.

Its all like politics. No mater what we want we have no controll whatsoeve over the outcome.

Well yeah maybe but............HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS!!!!!!!!

icon_mrgreen.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

P.S. Sorry Rich, can't comment on the calls
as I wasn't lucky enough to see the game.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky