A-Maze-N-Pellet-Smoker in a big green egg

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

goodtobeking

Original poster
Oct 31, 2011
Silverdale, WA
I've decided to try the A-Maze-N-Pellet-Smoker I just ordered im my Big Green Egg. Has anybody done this before? I want to first try smoking a couple different cheeses like provolone and chedder. I have read the forum on the matter and will try 4, 6 , and 8 hours. I have been very successful with my smoked cod, salmon and halibut with just using lump coal and chunks of cherry.  Next I am going to try the new pellet smoker to augment the smoke. Is it okay to cold smoke the salmon for say 4 - 6 hours before I start the fire? I'm slightly concerned about bacterial problems but have been told that as long as I get the fish up to 155 I will be fine. I don't like to overcook my smoked fish. Would it be better to just add the use of the pellet smoker along with how I have been smoking the salmon? (2 to 3 hours at 80 - 135, followed by at least 2 hours at 175 - 180 adjusting longer for thicker fillets)

The same question applies cooking pork butts or pork tenderloin. I have been very successful with them but I always wonder if there are ways to improve and if this may be the way to do it?

The cheese smoked up wonderful. Taste test in two weeks. The smoked salmon and halibut also turned out wonderful after 5 hours cold smoke in the big green egg. I then finished it up with 5 hour hot smoke. I can't tell you how wonderful it tastes and I will begin sharing with my friends Wednesday!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky