2nd sausages with the new grinder - Sweet Italian, Hot Italian, Bratwurst, Kielbasa & Linguica

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Almost forgot to put this pic up...

I had Linguica & eggs for breakfast today - Man this stuff tastes incredible! 
drool.gif

32.gif

drool.gif
  I will be making more very soon! 
biggrin.gif

sausage.gif

That's the only way I've ever had it. I didn't do any research before I smoked it - I knew mine had always been cold smoked before so that's what I did with mine...
Thanks! Makes it even an easier decision for my first sausage smoke, since I don't have great low temp control in the GOSM yet!

I took about 40 pounds of butt outa the freezer and ordered some stuff from sausage maker...

Gonna do a bunch of sausage next week...

Thanks for the great posts lately..got me motivated to get with it..

What recipe did you use for the [color= rgb(24, 24, 24)]Linguica ???[/color]

[color= rgb(24, 24, 24)]  Craig[/color]

There she was, hanging out in a smokey dive, wearing a string bikini and a perfect tan line with a little fat in just the right places. OH MY......THAT LOOKS TASTY.    
first.gif
                     X2 on the recipe if possible  Thank You

Last edited:
I took about 40 pounds of butt outa the freezer and ordered some stuff from sausage maker...

Gonna do a bunch of sausage next week...

Thanks for the great posts lately..got me motivated to get with it..

What recipe did you use for the Linguica ???

Craig
Hi Craig - I have to run down to my shop & meet a guy to do an estimate for some things he wants made. I will post the recipe as soon as I get back up here.

There she was, hanging out in a smokey dive, wearing a string bikini and a perfect tan line with a little fat in just the right places. OH MY......THAT LOOKS TASTY.    
first.gif
                     X2 on the recipe if possible  Thank You
Ha! That gave me a good laugh - Thanks! 
icon_mrgreen.gif

Ok for those interested here is the recipe I followed for the Linguica

2.5lb pork butt

1 Tbsp + 1 tsp sea salt

2 Tbsp + 2 tsp paprika

1/4 tsp coriander

1/2 tsp thyme

1/2 tsp oregano

1/2 tsp marjoram

1 Tbsp freshly ground black pepper

1 Tbsp minced garlic

2 1/2 Tbsp vinegar - I used red wine vinegar

I added 1/2 tsp cure #1 to the above recipe

The recipe said to add 3/4 to 1 cup water but that seemed excessive to me (didn't want a meat slurry) so I just added what I needed to get the spices to a nice mixing consistency. I am guessing roughly 1/2 cup... I also mixed the vinegar with the meat first & then added the spices & mixed everything together till it was good & sticky & my hands were nicely frozen. I then stuffed it & put it in the fridge till the next day & then smoked it.

Ok for those interested here is the recipe I followed for the Linguica

2.5lb pork butt

1 Tbsp + 1 tsp sea salt

2 Tbsp + 2 tsp paprika

1/4 tsp coriander

1/2 tsp thyme

1/2 tsp oregano

1/2 tsp marjoram

1 Tbsp freshly ground black pepper

1 Tbsp minced garlic

2 1/2 Tbsp vinegar - I used red wine vinegar

I added 1/2 tsp cure #1 to the above recipe

The recipe said to add 3/4 to 1 cup water but that seemed excessive to me (didn't want a meat slurry) so I just added what I needed to get the spices to a nice mixing consistency. I am guessing roughly 1/2 cup... I also mixed the vinegar with the meat first & then added the spices & mixed everything together till it was good & sticky & my hands were nicely frozen. I then stuffed it & put it in the fridge till the next day & then smoked it.
well it looks great.thanks for the share.

I think even Homer Simpson couldn't keep up with everything coming out of your smoker!
ROTF.gif

I see no vino in your Linguica recipe, most I've looked at do. Is that a personal preference? Just trying to nail down the perfect recipe for my first cased sausage!

I think even Homer Simpson couldn't keep up with everything coming out of your smoker!
ROTF.gif

I see no vino in your Linguica recipe, most I've looked at do. Is that a personal preference? Just trying to nail down the perfect recipe for my first cased sausage!
Just trying to get my MES through the break in period & properly seasoned 
th_dunno-1%5B1%5D.gif

Yeah most recipes do but I didn't have any handy (no liquor stores near me) & didn't really think shine would do it any justice. This recipe didn't call for any & I substituted red wine vinegar in place of regular.  I think it tastes like what I remember growing up so in my particular case I don't believe it's necessary...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky