1st ever bread Attempt

Discussion in 'Breads' started by damascusmaker, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Here is the recipe, found online I used as a guide, I added some honey.

Screen Shot 2017-11-26 at Nov 26, 17  5.37.47 PM.png
    One piece on the Akorn and the other in the oven. The one in the oven seemed to cook too fast on the outside. I would dial back the temp next time. And the Akorn had a hard time recovering temp. 450 when I put the bread in, but fell under 300 and just got back to around 400 by the time I declared done.

More to learn about!

On smoker
    fullsizeoutput_109e.jpeg
    Just Pulled
    IMG_1815.JPG
    IMG_1817.JPG The one from the kitchen oven, got away from me while fooling with the smoker, but still good stuff.
    IMG_1819.JPG

2. chopsaw

chopsaw Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Looks good . That's an addiction in its self .

3. motocrash

motocrash Master of the Pit

looks tasty DM! love some fresh crusty bread!Strange the oven cooked it faster,you'd think opposite.Do you Butcher and make Candlesticks too?

4. noboundaries

noboundaries Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Pretty nice job for a first attempt! Congrats!

5. myownidaho

myownidaho Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Looks great! Much better than my early attempts.

6. Thanks for the encouragement, I'll be trying it again. Fairly pleased with this as a beginning.

7. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Your bread looks fantastic!
    Especially for a first try!
    Al

8. Thanks Al, My wife's more refined taste detected bacon in the smoker bread. Must have been because the previous cook in that smoker was 3 BBs. I'll file that away for the future.

9. crazymoon

crazymoon Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

DM, Nice job on the bread , I can almost smell the bread in the pic with the butter melting !

10. GATOR240

GATOR240 Fire Starter

Looks really good. Does it get any better than that? - "homemade bread with a hint of bacon". Point!

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017