$1500.00 Budget-what Smoker would you buy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pigbark

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Sep 25, 2013
Southern I ndiana
If you had $1500.00 to buy a Smoker or some type of set-up "smoker,grill, griddle combo, etc." what would you buy and why?

yea but what would you buy? i know what i would buy rite now.. I also know my wife would shoot me dead on the spot LMAO

What would you get if the wife wouldn't kill you? Lol

Kinda depends on what you are going for. You could get a nice big offset stick burner, you could get an expensive pellet rig, you could get a BGE or KJ, you could easily spend $1,500 on a propane grill, etc...

I just got a camp chef flat top griddle and that thing kicks ass. My wife thinks im crazy for all of these "man cooking gadgets" as she calls them but gives me versatility. I have a camp chef sv24 gasser, a MES40, a broil king propane grill, and now the propane griddle which all get used for different things.

Given what I already have I would probably buy a XL BGE or a large stick burner.

And some beer!

26" Weber kettle, Slow'n Sear, Tip top Temp, 4 probe wireless, Santa Maria add-on, Spit Roaster add-on, and Pizza Oven add-on.

I just bought a 26" Weber . Should be here tomorrow . Thanks for asking .
$389.00 with a cover .
Have to agree with these guys.
Why?
The 26" is a jack of all trades more so than the venerable,trusty Deuce Deuce.
Weber kettles are mandatory here.
Good Old Days.png

My kettles get a ton more use then my WSM. The 22" is my go-to for high heat using the Vortex, and the 26" gets used for everything indirect. If what I'm cooking/smoking can be done in less the 6hrs then the kettles get the call. Anything above that mark then I break out the WSM.

Chris

I stared with an MES and also acquired a large kamado grill along the way. Finally my addiction :) led me to a 270 Smokers KC model. I bought it used for around $1600. I can tell you that I LOVE smoking with lump charcoal and wood chunks. It will hold temp once you get it settled in for around 12 hours on a load of charcoal. I would recommend you consider a new or used unit of one of the following. I believe you will be more than pleased with the results.

270 Smoker
Humphrey
Backwoods

Keep looking for a used one and you could find a deal. I know a used lang don't stay on the market long but they are out there. I had a 36" I sold used and saw a 60"'s out there used. be ready to drive aways to get one though.

If you buy one new, its worth the money too. a purchase decision you will never regret.

My vote for 1500 smoker is a lang 36 or 36 hybrid.

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

Reactions: pigbark
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky