your orgin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hey I'm, Irish, English, Scottich, and Welch. Pretty much cover all the British Isles. My wife, on the other hand is French/Acadian, and can track her people back to the 1400s in Canada These Catholics are all good at this, not like us dumb protestants as my wife is prone to say--God love us all

I'm a bit of everything traditionally "white," German, French Canadian, Scotch Irish, etc... My wife is 1/8 Native American so one of my kids is a little brown berry, I'm jealous!

Cherokee / hillbilly on one side and cajun / who knows on the other???

4 th generation Aussie on Dads side English scoundrel put on a ship in 1880 by his family,Shropshire mostly& Scottish Ayershire mother was from Ontario can trace her side back to American Revolutionary War English soldier who started again in Simcoe County.

8th generation Irish/American. A cousin traced our family back to 1730 when a couple brothers came here from somewhere in County Antrim, Ireland. I would love to go back there to visit someday. I love Irish music and ales.  

Now my son and daughter are the 9th gen.

Last edited:
Hey mneeley490

I really hate to do this to you, but my wife Linda is French Canadian/Acadian and she has a built a family tree back to the early 1400s in Canada.  The term cajun really means Canadians/acadians gone south.  PS Nothing I love more than sweet, soft Gaelic (SP) music and Guinness

Gary

1st generation adoption agency.....   I have no idea....  some say a-hole, some say sweetheart......  wherever that comes from, that's where I'm from.......    helluva mix.....     Wonderful mom and dad....  great values.....     I guess that's all that matters......   Boils down to, "damn glad to be in this great country"...  "Grandma" came here with "Grandpa"....  she was Lithuanian, he was Russian.... somewhere around 1890....  That's where I get my love for "old country" food..... 

100% 2nd Gen Polish. All 4 Grandparents came over from Poland in the early 1900's. My Wife is 50% Polish, 50% Irish/English...JJ

Hey mneeley490

I really hate to do this to you, but my wife Linda is French Canadian/Acadian and she has a built a family tree back to the early 1400s in Canada.  The term cajun really means Canadians/acadians gone south.  PS Nothing I love more than sweet, soft Gaelic (SP) music and Guinness

Gary
Nice, Gary! I never claimed to be one of the oldest. Somebody up here posted they were 9th gen.

But didn't Columbus sail the ocean blue in 1492?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky