You know you have the smoke bug bad when...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fourthwind

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Mar 12, 2009
Thornton, CO
You see an 18 wheeler with a massive propane tank attached to the trailer, and you begin designing the smoker in your head, and thinking of how much wood it would take to heat it up... Damn I got this bug baddddddd..
icon_redface.gif

Ya got it bad when you just bought a new Traeger Texas a few week ago and your about to buy a Traeger XL. All this when your already sleeping on the couch! And no pre-nup!
icon_rolleyes.gif

Man that is funny I was driving home the other night and there was a semi on from of me with a trailer full of 500 gal propane tanks all stacked up on it. I was thinking to myself that it would make a sweet stacked smoker, like the double drum ones only lots bigger! Hahaha, glad to see I am not the only one with this disease!!! LoL!!
icon_redface.gif

I figured it would take a full cord per smoke. Tank had to be all of 5000 gallons if not more! Figured you would have to divide into 4 sections with 8 doors, and 4 sets of shelves in each section. Each section would need it's own firebox and smoke stack. Not even talking about the kind of motor driven ladder system to reach it all! Yup.. I got it bad..

I'm there w/ ya, we're all going to end up in therapy, we'll have to start our own support group, we'll be calling people in the middle of the night, " Help, I'm having BBQ withdrawals!"
icon_mrgreen.gif

When I kick off I want to be buried in my drum, heck it's paid for. My tombstone will be a giant thermapen sticking in the ground. The enscription will be "Stick a fork in me I'm done!"
icon_mrgreen.gif

Definitely know what you mean. I was driving home today and saw an 18 wheeler full of hogs and I thought of the pulled pork in my lunch box and all the other wonderful smoked pork I want to make.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky