You all are just plain crazy!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Wow, they mistreated you something terrible. Funny thou. Cook longer. You must train yourself to eat the finer things in life. Good luck.

AH, The AWESOME ABT. these things are great. The hotter... the better. If I don't get a tear running down my face, it ain't hot enough.

We have 4 different types of pepper plants & 2 of each plant (8 total plants) this year. The peppers from one of our jalapeno plants isn't hot at all & the peppers from our other one is pretty warm. Seems to happen each year with all of our plants. One will be HOT & the other will not too bad. Although this year both of our habanero plants are HOT AS HELL!

lmao!
What I do is take a metal baby spoon and scrape the membrane out after you have taken out the seeds. put your hands in sandwich baggies cuz you don't want to do that unarmed....bad things could happen....
also I have tried pablanos, they are just not as hearty as a jap and will need way less time, I am going to "assume" since I have not tried one, that an anehiem would be much like a papblano...stix with the japs, don't put the pepper jack, throw that in your fattie!! Since your putting abts in your piehole I see you are 100% good to hear!!

Pac, My first batch of 20 on the ECB were crowded so some got more heat/smoke than others. I found that the ones that got more 'done' were not as zippy. I will do better to get the seeds/veins out next too. (probably cut length-wise into 'boats' as suggested by a few here as well)

Good luck.

BBQGODDESS;212147 said:
lmao!
What I do is take a metal baby spoon and scrape the membrane out after you have taken out the seeds. put your hands in sandwich baggies cuz you don't want to do that unarmed....bad things could happen....

This is true i put up 10 1/4 lb bags of habenaro after deseeding thats 4 plants and close to 200-300 peppers and didn't wear gloves.....absolute mistake I paid for that for 2 days absolute horror I tried everything but nothing works.......deal with the pain or be smart and wear gloves...USE GLOVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reminds me of a guy from hunting camp. Over the course of many years I think he hit every small town meat market between his home and the two hour trip to camp looking for hot sausage. For him , and I quote " If it don't make my bald spot sweat , it ain't hot enough "

I'm amazed no one has posted the trick of all tricks .... and it works ...

The first batch of these I made everyone that ate them was tearing up and saying oh their too hot, too spicy, BLAH BLAH BLAH. I like em a little spicy so I didn't really mind but since it's usually not only me I'm cooking for I had to find a solution.

SO I was reading somewhere online (another site maybe) that after you "canoe" them and de-vein and de-seed them, Rinse them in water and then toss them in a bowl and cover them with Milk. Let them soak in the milk for a few hours and then rinse them under cold water again before stuffing them.

So the second (and 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th) batch I've made were all done using the Milk Soak and everyone was pleasantly surprised at how much more mild they were. (I kept a few outta the milk for me)

Try it and report back!

JeRmZ

I use a potato peeler to seed/vein mine. I can get all the seeds and veins out that way. I also wear nitrile gloves.

One way to tell if the jap will be hot or not, is too look at it. If it has little white "cracks" (that is how it looks, like it is cracked) it will be hot. If it is smooth, it will not be as hot. A guy from Mexico told me that.

I have tried anaheim peppers, and poblanos. They were ok, but I prefer japs.

This might sound weird, but I've noticed the jalepeno peppers i bought at the store (WallyWorld & Kroger) this year appear to be much hotter than in years past.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky