Yoder ys 640 vs Yoder ys 1500

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ronnie5150

Original poster
Jun 18, 2016
I am trying to decide between a Yoder ys640 or Yoder ys1500? What should I go for and why? Thanks:)

The YS1500 is the closest thing as far as a pellet grill is concerned to a true stick burning offset smoker in how it cooks and results, most PG's you need to cook low and slow to get a decent smoke profile or add smoke tubes/trays or Mojo Bricks , with the YS1500 you can let it roll at 275 if you want to. If cost isn't an issue and you can use the the capacity the YS1500 it's a no brainer, I've have talked to few people who started with the YS640 and then upgraded to the YS1500 and none of them have regretted buying the YS1500.  

Reactions: ronnie5150
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky