Wrong wood

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

$moke!t

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Sep 1, 2020
I ordered wood chuncks but got sent chips instead . Can I still use these with my WSM? Doesn't seem like it would work but thought I'd ask you folks before I send back.

Reactions: kruizer
Yep. Send 'em back. I've moved on from chunks to splits (they sell them at HD and Walmart, or any cooking wood supplier) in my WSM. I bury one sizeable split in the cold charcoal (8 to 10 inches long, 3-6 inches thick). Make sure it is completely covered then add 8-12 hot charcoals to the center of the top of the pile. Great for long smokes or multiple short smokes. No billowing white smoke either due to pre-heating and slow carbonizing.

I've got some 3-4" thick oak branches that have been aging on the side of the house. Been intending to cut them into shorter logs recently but the air quality from local fires has kept me inside.

Reactions: kruizer and $moke!t
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky