Wood Pellets in a propane smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Nths1976

Original poster
Apr 5, 2019
Hi
New to the group (just signed up today) I was given a nice propane smoker for my 25th anniversary at work. Very new to the smoker business - so I was wondering... pro's - cons of
Chips (I would thing they burn too fast but I'm a newby)
Chunks - burns longer
Pellets ??

Recommendations?

Thanks in advance :)

Welcome to the site, any of those will work fine but I always preferred the chunks ,chips or pellets will aso work but get the pellets that are all the flavor wood, I prefer Lumber Jack ,post up some pictures as its easy, this site hosts them so you don't need another place to store them

When I used my propane smoker I used a mix of chips and chunks. Never tried pellets. I have moved to an electric smoker and rarely if ever use the old one.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky