Won't you take me to Kettle time!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I had not used mine in over a year . Got it fired up a couple weeks ago to do the Petite tenders . Then used it to do hot dogs one night and some burgers another night . Manages the charcoal so well , and holds the heat . I only had to add a handful of charcoal to the original fire .
LOL it does seem like overkill for most of my cooks, but your spot on with the charcoal management. Another added plus is that for indirect cooking that second zone is further away from the heat source. So if I'm doing something that needs to be cooked rare, and something that needs to be cooked more than rare it just makes it that much easier.

I may have to do a little repair work on my handle support. I noticed that it's starting to angle upwards. It's almost like the weld may be starting to weaken. I guess that's what happens when your moving it up and down stairs for each cook. I'm babying it now, but I know it's time is coming.
Happiness is a Weber full of pork and beef.
Nice cook Chris.
Truer words were never spoken. Appreciate it Moto.

Chris

Master class kettle fare there Chris. Very nice cook, oh and the bird feeder can stay too.
Thanks Eric, the wife loved the bird feeder almost as much as the ribs. LOL
Hey Chris you can take me to Kettle time any time! Very nice cook all around!
Appreciate it Civil. I still have a ways to go, before I catch up with some of you guys, but I'll keep plugging away.

Chris

Nice work on that cook Chris! My 26" just sits in the shed ignored, 22 gets all the work. RAY
Thanks Ray, my 22 gets used for high heat cooks. Usually accompanied by the Votex, and the 26 is for longer cooks. I haven't used the Vortex in the 26 yet, mainly because the 22s lid around the handle has started showing signs of blistering. I pretty sure it's because I use the Vortex so much.

Great looking food and love the bird feeder !
Appreciate it Winter. My wife is sending me out to the store to buy another one for our grandson. He's 3 and loves watching the birds.

Chris

I may have to do a little repair work on my handle support. I noticed that it's starting to angle upwards. It's almost like the weld may be starting to weaken. I guess that's what happens when your moving it up and down stairs for each cook. I'm babying it now, but I know it's time is coming.
Did you register that when you got it ? I'd call Weber if it gets to bad .
indirect cooking
Great way to do those brats .

Reactions: gmc2003
Beautiful! Now I want ribs. And chuck roast. And brats...

Nicely done Chris!

Red
Appreciate it Red, these brats were McKenzies Switch back. McKenzies is a local pork producer. Their hams, brats and sausages are top notch. Switch back is a local brewery and is one of the few micro's that I'll drink. So it's a win-win for me.

Chris

Did you register that when you got it ? I'd call Weber if it gets to bad .
I'm pretty sure I did, and will send off an email later today. Thanks for the reminder.

Chris

Reactions: chopsaw
If the weather pattern follows the coast line you should be in for a great day today
You are so right Chris

Today is fantastic , no wind . Started at 0 deg ( 32 F ) now it is 15 deg. ( 60 F ) and rising

So after some shop work it will be Calzone practice

Got my new Napoleon stone 20" x 13.5" and I just made a 12" pizza paddle , burnt in 9" and 12" guides

DSC_7265.JPG DSC_7267.JPG

David

You are so right Chris

Today is fantastic , no wind . Started at 0 deg ( 32 F ) now it is 15 deg. ( 60 F ) and rising

So after some shop work it will be Calzone practice

Got my new Napoleon stone 20" x 13.5" and I just made a 12" pizza paddle , burnt in 9" and 12" guides

View attachment 664874 View attachment 664875

David
Nice work David. I'm looking forward to seeing it in action.

Chris

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Hey Chris,
it all looks fantastic!
I’d dig into all of it.
Mike
Thanks Mike, It's a good feeling being able to sit outside and enjoy a good Q.

Chris

Reactions: dr rat
...AND plate!! Looks excellent, Chris!! But I'm pretty sure that I'd have to sample some of the rest before freezing... :emoji_wink:
Appreciate it Charles, My wife and I did do some sampling. One brat didn't make it, and a small plate of the pulled chuck mysteriously disappeared. Oh and I have an excuse for the clean plate. Those are the bones that I tried right after slicing. They were still on the cutting board when I grabed them.

Chris

it was finally a nice weekend in NE. Been rainy every Sunday lately until this past weekend. I didn't take pictures but also did some ribs yesterday on my kettle. Love smoking on a perfect weather day! Nice job on the smoke Chris.

it was finally a nice weekend in NE. Been rainy every Sunday lately until this past weekend. I didn't take pictures but also did some ribs yesterday on my kettle. Love smoking on a perfect weather day! Nice job on the smoke Chris.
Appreciate it mass. NE weather can be kind of finicky at times. You got to take advantage of the nice days when you can.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky