Wisconsin smoker all fired up!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

arubaariba

Fire Starter
Original poster
Sep 1, 2007
West Allis, WI
Hi All! Just wanted to let you all know that I appreciate all your shared experience. Got a Brinkman Vertical smoker for Christmas. Soon after I found SMF and then fired that puppy up for the first time in January (was warm - 35 degrees).

Ok, I learned the hard way about outside temps, wind, etc. Tasted pretty darn good (turkey breast) - but had to finish 'er off in the oven. Since then I have smoked up some ribs, more turkey breast and pork. But today - I have it loaded with (2) boneless turkey breasts (brined in apple juice, pineapple juice, salt, etc), a meatloaf, and a Fatty!! I may be the first one in Wisconsin who has ever smoked a Fatty. Rolled it in some crushed red pepper flakes for a little spice.

I had bought a conversion kit (to electric) from Cabelas early summer, and it holds everything nice at 225-250. With some hickory & apple chips, liquid of apple and pineapple juice, and spritzer liquid of apple, pineapple juice and a wee bit 'o whiskey - should be great!!!

And who will I be enjoying it with - but the girlfriend, and the waitress at our favorite restaurant who is bringing her friend - so it's me and 3 women, some great smoked grub, and some adult beverages!!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
Thanks guys - for all your knowledge!!

Welcome to the SMF. Looks as if you've been playin' and smokin', good deal. You and 3 women? Where di you learn that on the SMF?

Welcome A -

Sounds like you had a fun day! What part of Wiscnsin you from? I have family in Nekoosa, Appleton, Wisconsin Rapids and Stevens Point ...

Welcome to SMF.I think the cheesehead count is now 23.Where are you located?There are a lot more people in the state that smoke than most people think.Around where I live(Montello) I can count at least a dozen without even trying.They have a KCBS contest in Princeton and I toured it a couple weeks ago and was impressed with the amount of people there looking around that I knew and didnt know that they Qued.

Sorry for not posting sooner - but the turkey breasts, meatloaf and fatty all turned out great!! I am now hooked on fatties. Always loved meatloaf - now it will be strictly smoked meatloaf for me!

Got up Monday morning and thought: Pork Butt!! Went to the store, had the butcher get me a couple of 5 pounders, a nice rub and in the smoker within 1 hour!! That was the best pork I have ever had.

Going to try those ABT's this weekend, along with some more fatties, and another meatloaf. I don't know what happenened to the 4 pounder I cooked on Sunday? Can never have too much meatloaf.

I live in West Allis - just west of Miller Park. I will take some Q-views next time. Thanks again for all the welcomes and info. Some ribs, fatties and ABT's sound great for the Packer Game!!!!
P.S. only i gal came so it was the three of us which was still cool - except when the cops came
icon_evil.gif

im originally from glendale wi..

i like a good bbq lik ethe next guy but, i believe id rather see the pics of the girls...
PDT_Armataz_01_24.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky