Wildfire Smokey Scorpion / Habanero Sauce

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
I let the scorpion / habanero blend ferment for 4 weeks. It took me several days to adjust flavor due to the heat. Once I taste it enough times my taste buds seem to scramble lol. Finally dialed in with a hint of hickory from natural hickory smoke powder along with a rich of other spices. Added a touch of xanthan to help slow down separation. Taste yields an immediate sting from the scorpion followed by the warmth of the habaneros and finishes with the hint of smokey goodness. This batch yielded 15 bottles. My local sauce junkies will be lining up once I post it on FB lol. Thanks for looking!
PXL_20230719_193851571-01.jpeg
PXL_20230719_193807032-01.jpeg

Damn dude wish I lived local to you because I'd sure as sh!t take a couple bottles off your hands!
I wish you did too haha! Need to support my habit lol
Do you deliver ? :emoji_laughing:
One of these days I just might
I bet those sting! Looks really good!
Thanks Steve. It's got a fair amount of heat but not overly stupid.
Nice . I'm still struggling. Lol .
Thanks. I still cant imagine making a straight scorpion or reaper sauce. The taste adjustment process would be daunting. Gonna have to figure it out because my pepper plants are going to yield a ton of scorpion and ghost. Chocolate habs and red Sabine have looking amazing too.

Reactions: JIMSMOKES
Amazing Jeff, I bet that is some powerful sauce.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: jcam222
I just love your bottles! I getting ready to jump on board. I ordered a Nourished Essentials Fermentation Kit. The Fermenter lid has a waterless airlock valve that lets carbon dioxide out, but stops oxygen, mold and bacteria from getting in. Kind of different but think will work. Also has a pump to take O2 out after sealing.

1689875768919.png

Last edited:
I just love your bottles! I getting ready to jump on board. I ordered a Nourished Essentials Fermentation Kit. The Fermenter lid has a waterless airlock valve that lets carbon dioxide out, but stops oxygen, mold and bacteria from getting in. Kind of different but think will work. Also has a pump to take O2 out after sealing.

View attachment 671065
I have these, work great

Reactions: jcam222
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky