Why so sweet?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sparky,
who said 350" won't burn sugar?
That's not what I said

We're normally cooking well under 350° with indirect heat and are good to go with sugary rubs.
We can for example, rub a Butt and slow cook it for 8-12 hours or more, and not end up with a leather bound hunk of meat.

That's correct. It's not what you said. Or anyone else, I'm only generalizing. If one is to use sugar liberally, one should stay well below 275F. Personally, I don't go above 250 if I can help it. The Pitts & Spitts that's due at my door by mid-July should straighten out any stray I've had in the past from exceeding 250F. My Visions Kamado has been known to gradually rise in temp when cook times go beyond 12 hours.

That's ALL I'm sayin'.

Sorry, chile. I read your first post too fast, and misread. My second post was an attempt to be polite, and in so doing contradicted myself and looked foolish. Glad to provide you with a giggle. It's good to be happy.

Reactions: chopsaw
Sorry, chile. I read your first post too fast, and misread. My second post was an attempt to be polite, and in so doing contradicted myself and looked foolish. Glad to provide you with a giggle. It's good to be happy.
And make no mistake, everything from me including the giggle was of good nature.
I'm a smart@$$, but not of ill intent.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky