Who's Smoking for Christmas?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

What are you smoking for Christmas Eats

• Rib Roast

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ham

• Turkey

• Brisket

• Ribs

• Other - please describe

• I ain't smokin' nuthin'

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fatback joe

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jun 13, 2007
Hampden, MA
Nice to see so many planning smokes for Christmas day.

Seems to be a heck of a lot of rib roasts (aka Prime Rib) being done. Hard to keep track of who is doing what........seemed like a prime topic for a poll.

Rib roast at my place......what are you doing?

x-mas day dinner I'm d oing a couple slabs of bb ribs on my new WSM(finally got my own, not a loaner).
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif

xmas eve dinner is a blowout dinner in Chicago's Chinatown( a yearly tradition), some Dungeness crab, garlic beef tenderloin, eggplant in grlic sauce, and perhaps some pork belly.

I have a maple bourbon ham on right now (in the WSM) for sammies tomorrow at the brothers house. I also have a chuckie on for dinner tonight. It's starting to rain out so lets hope it all goes well.

I plan on doing a meat loaf, buckboard bacon, pulled pork, chicken legs and hopefully some salmon. I have several days off from work over the new years week so I am going to smoke a lot. Sounds like the storm heading my way over Xmas may be really bad. My relatives might not make it so I better stock up on meat so I can smoke if I am going to be stuck at home.

We have been so busy with other projects this year that we didn't get around to doing any ribs (the wife's favorite)... so she asked a couple of weeks ago if I would do some for Christmas. Not a problem, right!

We are having ribs, grilled shrimp, smoked garlic, grilled oysters (never tried these, but they sound good)... and I'm also throwing on a fatty for good measure. Sides will consist of corn on the cob, salad, and whatever else the wife wants to add. Ought to be good stuff. Got two racks that I'll need to trim and rub tomorrow.

We are supposed to get pounded with winter weather starting today and going to Christmas morning... several inches of snow are possible... this ought to be fun. I really don't have it too bad... my outdoor kitchen is parked on the front porch in the winter, so at least I won't have to shovel any snow.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

I have a whole bone in Amish ham that I will smoke for
Christmas eve. It will be honey rum glazed and smoked over apple wood
I will do a post when I get started on it
I am also smoking some venison pastrami and I have already started a post on that project

I work Christmas night so we are having our dinner the following Sunday as usual.. going to be cooking a couple Rib roasts (one Cajun, one au natural), I've got a 19lb full brisket and going to toss a pre-cooked ham in the smoker mid way to heat it through.

Prime Rib here as well as twice smoked taters and who knows what else

Will be doing 2 whole beef tenderloins, 2 Strami's, some Italian sausage & a couple Lbs of almonds tomorrow.

MERRY, MERRY & HAPPY, HAPPY Y'ALL!!

I was going to do something for Christmas, but I hurt my knee last Saturday night and it painful to walk from the couch to the smoker. So I decided to rest and once I am able start smoking again.

I am bummed, but being a couch potato for a week doesn't sound too bad.

Aloha,

The plan is for several racks of Babybacks for a Christmas luncheon. However there are two storm fronts moving in and the weather calls for rain for the next 4 days. Lucky for me I have a sheltered area below breakfast room where I can set up the smoker. It'll be a tight squeeze but I'll be dry.

icon_mrgreen.gif

I've done rib roasts in the oven in previous years, but now that I have my GOSM, gonna smoke it of course.

Still don't know if I want to throw anything else in the smoker though... seems like such a waste of space if I don't use it :)

I've got a turkey brining right now, putting it on early friday morning, supposed to be a snow storm, and it's coming down like cray at the moment, good thing i've got a garage...

Doing a 4 bone Rib Roast for Xmas day but I will be off from work till the 4th....so I am planning on some fatties, pork butts and whatever else.

Not smoking but using smoked meat.. Going to inlaws bro & sis for non traditional xmas dinner mexican. Asked me to smoke pp for them to make tamales. Gave them 4lbs vacuum packed already smoked. Wife and I are bringing smoked chucky enchiladas. Oh is it dinner time yet?
icon_mrgreen.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky