White sugar = molasses removed

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BXMurphy

Meat Mopper
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 12, 2022
Methuen, Massachusetts
White sugar is just refined brown sugar where the molasses has been removed.

Out of brown sugar? Put the molasses back in. More molasses = darker white sugar.

Murph

Reactions: JLeonard
Forget the white poison and do Splenda, works for me. Zero calories, tastes great! RAY

DSCN4258.JPG

DSCN4259.JPG

White sugar is just refined brown sugar where the molasses has been removed.

Out of brown sugar? Put the molasses back in. More molasses = darker white sugar.

Murph
That is correct. However molasses is a stand alone product. So while it is refined out of the raw process, molasses is not just hem - haw.

Just as dark brown sugar brings flavor differently than white sugar, molasses is it’s own animal. I like it and use it often.

That is correct. However molasses is a stand alone product. So while it is refined out of the raw process, molasses is not just hem - haw.

Just as dark brown sugar brings flavor differently than white sugar, molasses is it’s own animal. I like it and use it often.
When I was young my mom thought I was allergic to chocolate. When my brother got chocolate milk I’d get molasses milk. Loved it. Thanks goodness I’m not actually allergic to chocolate though.

When I was young my mom thought I was allergic to chocolate. When my brother got chocolate milk I’d get molasses milk. Loved it. Thanks goodness I’m not actually allergic to chocolate though.
Haha, Jeff. I understand.
I love molasses. My favorite is the Brer Rabbit, don’t really like Grandma’s. But man,,, I eat that on pancakes instead of syrup for sure and use molasses in recipes all the time.

I'm in for the molasses , use it and love it,
As a kid ( and an old fart now ) that was the only syrup on or pancakes .Well the odd bottle of Ain't your Momma maybe every other year.

On our table was always a dispenser of molasses
1680530749522.png

Mmmmmm,, fresh hot bread and molasses

David

I'm with David, DRKsmoking DRKsmoking , I'm craving home made bread and molasses now! My grandmother always had a big silver can of it on the table. I would make a meal of her biscuits and molasses.
Jim

• Love
Reactions: DRKsmoking
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky