White Pulled Pork Chili

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Pulled out some leftover pork from last week's comp.
I know what im making today...................Thank's
PDT_Armataz_01_18.gif

Made this today. WOW!!! Came out great. Just the right amount of heat. Couldn't find Green Chilis, so I used what the store called "Longhots". Looked like Green Chilis to me; they didn't have any rating on them to compare the SU's. Removed the seeds and ribs. Used 3 pounds of smoked pork: sliced butt and loin. Didn't saute the onions, just put them in... Sour cream and cheese mixed in gives it a nice touch.

The only change I'll make next time is to use an extra-sharp white cheddar instead of the Monteray Jack; more assertive/distinctive.

"Next time" might be a while off. Be forewarned: this makes a lot of product. But it's GREAT!!! Thanks for the recipe, Tatonka and Mossy!!! And it's really easy to make.

Goes great with toasted Italian bread...and beer.

PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Love the seasoning you're using, it does provide great flavor. You get the right seasoning and it really comes together, same thing with rubs.

Kew_el_steve,

I am glad you tried it... and liked it.

I love to hear what other people add or bring to recipes. Seems like sometimes you make them the same way for so long that you forget to mix things up a little to try something new.

I will look forward to making it again. I suppose I should have warned that it makes a lot!
icon_redface.gif

PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Stupid good as they say here in Virginia. Everyone likes it. Did not have cilantro, but had everything else in the house.

Found this in the kitchen dictonary. Hope it answers you question.

bouillon

Pronounced:BOOL-yahn

Any broth made by cooking meat, poultry, fish, or vegetables in water. The liquid strained off after cooking is bouillon. A bouillon cube is a compressed, flavor-concentrated cube of dehyrated meat, poultry, fish, or vegetable stock. Bouillon granuales are the granular form of the dehydrated concentrate.

Just won a chili cook-off with this!

I ended up draining a bit of the broth, as it was looking a little soupy, and added a bit of ground beef, and mushrooms fried with butter and truffle oil. I know some people don't care for cilantro, but I used the fresh stuff and it added a nice refreshing taste (and colour) that separated it from the other, more traditional chilis.

Thanks for the recipe!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky