Which Dehydrator to get

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kfin

Original poster
Nov 27, 2011
I have used my little round plastic 5 tray dehydrator for several years and am going to treat myself to a nice shiny new one. I have basically narrowed it down to 2 from Cabelas but am still giving some thought to the LEM stainless one.

For those of you who have used any of these.....what are your opinions. I am comfortable with the cost of any of them so that is not the issue. I want the best one I can get.

Cabelas 80L

Cabelas 10 tray digital

Lem Stainless Steel 10 tray

Any input is welcome.

Thanks,

Keith

Last fall I bought a LEM 10 tray model (not the stainless, but their other one with the plastic housing).  It's well made and I have used my thermopen to check the different tray levels and it appears to heat evenly.  I can get 160* out of mine according to the thermopen.  I got mine from Gander Mountain for $109. They do not appear to be stocking the 5 tray and 10 tray model online any more, but my local store had quite a few of both last week.  I guess they are selling out the existing stock and changing models.  They were $119 for the 10 tray and $89 for the 5 tray in my local store.  If you have one nearby, it's a decent dehydrator especially for that price.   I've used mine 4 or 5 times and have absolutely no complaints and would recommend it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky