Dehydrator Shopping

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I have the same one with different badging. The stainless steel racks are a god send. Just toss in the dishwasher to clean. Just did 4 pounds of jerky today. This was thin sliced. So it was packed. I've done 5 pounds at 1/4"thick. And it handled it fine. You could do maybe 6 pounds. Not sure about 7 pounds.
I was thinking of your dehydrator during all this and hoped you would chime in. You have done way more with yours than I have mine. I appreciate your perspective Steve. My trays were just shy of a pound maybe 12oz. Each so that’s where I got my numbers. Great little unit though.

Reactions: Steve H
I was thinking of your dehydrator during all this and hoped you would chime in. You have done way more with yours than I have mine. I appreciate your perspective Steve. My trays were just shy of a pound maybe 12oz. Each so that’s where I got my numbers. Great little unit though.
Sounds right. I like to make sure the pieces of meat aren't touching. And have decent air flow. I have another batch marinating for tomorrow. 2.5 pounds at 1/4". Terriyaki jerky. Friend of mine is leaving the company. This is a going away present. He loves my jerky and SS.

Reactions: SmokinEdge
Made up the venison jerky with some carne asada rub from Kinders then added the ground roasted and dried green Chile and cure #1

IMG_1670.jpeg

IMG_1671.jpeg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky