Where do you buy your meat Iowa smokers?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

njmjeep

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 20, 2010
Just curious to see where you guys go and maybe what I'm missing out on. Here in altoona I shop around Fareway, Hyvee, and Walmart. Pick things up as they go on sale. I've seen B+B Deli out on the southside, anyone been in there? Can't wait to hear from ya'll !! Nick

No matter where you live, I believe Sam's Club is an excellent choice. The prices are always good and is the meat is always fresh. You can't go wrong. Many of the successful competetive bbq cookers I know use Sam's Club meat.

I've never shopped at Sam's, is there an advantage vs. walmart?

Yes, cheaper and useally "fresh", and not enhanced with solutions.

Altoona huh, I'm just north of ya in Nevada.

I guess I oughta check into membership. Nevada's a great little town, probably grown some since I was last there.

I use Costco, Walmart and Fareway. I have been in that place on the south side. They had some packer briskets and IBP ribs. Prices were about the same per lb as everywhere else.

I'm another Sam's believe but not all stores have the good meat for some reason. Then you have Restaurant depot too their nation wide I think.

I have got stuff at B & B before, they are usually about .50-$1 more a lb however on butts and briskets so I mainly hit sam's for them, I get beef tenderloinm 7 bones, some of the less common stuff from B & B. I use Fareway, Dahls and HyVee depnding on sales but mainly sam's

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky